Support Staff (BCGEU)
Hours of Work (BCGEU):
# of openings:
Hours Per Week (BCGEU):
13 - BCGEU Pay Grid
Days of Work (BCGEU):
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Permanent Full Time
Internal Closing Date:
April 25 2021
Regular travel between campuses is required.
External Closing Date:
Open until filled
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (692)
Reporting to the Manager, International Recruitment, Admissions & Articulation, this position is responsible for Responsible for service-oriented recruitment, admission processing and enrollment advising for prospective and new international students who are interested in undergraduate, post-graduate diplomas, and preparatory programs at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU). As the first point of contact for prospective international students and educational agents throughout the recruitment and admissions cycles, IRA coordinators provide on-the-spot admissions reviews and offers at their discretion during a variety of educational, community and professional activities and events in the Lower Mainland, nationally and internationally in order to recruit well- qualified students. IRA Coordinators provide program specific admissions guidance to prospective applicants based on program suitability and eligibility based on an evaluation of student’s needs, prior academic history and future goals. The position is required to maintain a high level of knowledge of current educational trends and practices in Canada and around the world, as well as KPU admissions and transfer credit policies and procedures. The Coordinator issues University official letters, including Offer Letters, Letters of Acceptance and Immigration Letters to qualified students. This position works closely with the Office of Global Engagement and the Office of Strategic Enrollment to ensure the smooth transition of new international students to KPU.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese is required. Fluency in Cantonese is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills in a fast-paced environment involving multiple demands.
- Minimum three years of work experience in international student recruitment and admissions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the workings of educational agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working with international students, including an understanding of other cultures and the ability to communicate in a cross-cultural working environment.
- Experience supporting new students in Orientations, onboarding and transition is preferred.
- Familiarity with different education systems in major international student source countries. Understanding of the B.C. and other Canadian secondary school systems: graduation, partnerships, and articulated agreements (e.g. BCCAT).
- Ability to build and maintain positive, cooperative, and service-oriented relationships with internal and external clients (mainly applicants, educational agents, faculty, staff and prospective students), where diversity of situations and people are routinely encountered.
- Demonstrated understanding of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requirements for study and work permits.
- Demonstrated considerable level of technical skills including the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint); Communications programs such as Windows Live and Skype and social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.; and the ability to learn software programs that may be used at the University. Must be able to use and manage WeChat group for effective communication with external stakeholders.
- Full proficiency with Banner database system including managing workflow and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of image and video processing software is considered as an asset.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of admission and registration processes. Ability to follow established processes and to recommend admission and other business process, practices, policies and procedures for the admissions and service support for international students.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, apply organizational skills to meet deadlines, use problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently and establish own priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in a demanding, high stress, fast paced environment over a sustained period of time.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- General knowledge of financial services and processes including entrance scholarships, and Canada and B.C. student loan application process.
- A valid B.C. driver’s license, safe driving record and access to a vehicle for work purposes is preferred.
- Ability to work from other KPU campuses as needed and to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends on a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials in the range of 30 to 50 lbs.
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.