Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora’s operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, the Operations Manager is responsible for supporting various departments as well as developing and implementing standard processes. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide day-to-day management support to the production leadership team that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the various sites across the country, including but not limited to: workforce analysis, financial, quality, and safety reporting.
- Problem solving and crisis management, especially during the implementation of novel processes.
- Develop an internal Knowledge Management base to aid with internal processes as well as give clarity to external business ventures such as potential acquisitions.
- Assess quality of cannabis production methodologies, facilities, and end product to assist with the creation of purchasing agreements with other cannabis producers.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication, resource sharing, and project development.
- Analyze operational processes and recommend process improvements for greater cost efficiency.
- Lead and manage the team members.
- Train, coach, guide, direct, develop, and empower direct reports using leadership and management skills, as well as company-wide processes, tools and resources.
- Actively lead and support a positive, proactive, results-oriented work culture that is regarded by peers and stakeholders as innovative and demonstrative of company’s culture and values.
- Ensure production complies with SOP’s, GMP, and Health and Safety requirements.
- Understand regulatory requirements of the cannabis industry and how they intersect with ongoing and novel business processes.
- Work actively with Quality Assurance to maintain the high standards Aurora is known for.
- Collection and analysis of data for process mapping, developing budgets, and costing analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Review and conduct root cause analysis data to troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design, and create process documentation.
- Monitor and evaluate key process indicators.
- Act as ad hoc project management support for novel and time sensitive projects.
- Promote and advocate for quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and either 5+ years’ experience in related management experience or direct experience with the legal cannabis industry
- Great understanding of operational processes in a facility environment
- Experience in cannabis production considered a strong asset
- Analytical process view and able to document processes in process-flow
- Computers and technology oriented, advanced in Excel
- Experience at responding to complex and stressful situations and resolving issues positively
- High degree of ability to think strategically and problem solve
- Experience in using technology; multiple computer systems and programs
- Able to follow and uphold SOP’s precisely and consistently; detail oriented
- Time management and follow-up skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Self-starter with good judgment and can proactively manage up where appropriate
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations
- Operations excellence and continuous improvement oriented
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to sort, prioritize, retain, and analyze information
- Ability to document relevant information correctly and completely
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, use judgment and remain calm
- Have reliable transportation to work
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time