We need you to make the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round!
Take your own children, or maybe your grand-children, to work with you. Yes, we'll pay you to drive them to school! No children of your own, but great with kids; you're invited to apply as well! We have lots of children who need to be safely transported to and from school every day.
Become a role model and integral part of a child's education!
We guarantee a minimum of 4 hours work on every school day, and we welcome individuals who only want to work when their children are in school.
Want to work more than 4 hours per day; want to work when schools are not in? We may have opportunities for you as well. Though we do not guarantee how much work will be available, those who want the potential to earn more can also drive our charter buses on trips around the community, to Edmonton, and beyond.
Regular hours will start and end between the hours of 6:00 am - 9:00 am and 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm on school days; meaning you will be home when your children are not in school.
For our successful applicant, we will provide all of the training you need. Plus you can earn up to a $500 training bonus! (ask for details)
Come join the Sparksman family today!
We welcome applicants looking for a permanent route, as well as those looking only for casual work (e.g. substitute drivers).
Please apply by responding to this ad with your resume, or complete our online application form which can be found on our website.
1. Applicants must have a valid Alberta licence (No GDL licence).
2. Successful applicants will undergo security screening and will need to produce a satisfactory:
- Criminal Record Check;
- Child Intervention Record Check; and
- Driver's Abstract
3. Applicants will be required to undergo Drug and Alcohol Testing.
4. The following are considered assets:
- Drivers holding a valid Class 1 or 2 licence
- Drivers with the ‘S’ Endorsement
- Applicants with current Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’
5. Driver training for a Class 2S MELT licence is provided to our successful applicants at one of our two training schools, located in Athabasca & Fort McMurray.
Job Types: Temporary, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
To keep our drivers and passengers as safe as possible, our buses are cleaned and sanitized regularly, and we provide our drivers with masks, sanitizer and gloves.