Senior Tech Recruiter, Canada
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world's population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using* digital technology* to make better decisions.
With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50 million people annually by 2023.
About the role
Viamo is rapidly scaling. Growing our tech team of developers (Full Stack, Front End, DevOps, Designers and Product Managers is a major priority. In this role as Tech Recruiter, you will be primarily responsible for sourcing, screening and providing a shortlist of qualified candidates for various technical roles. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals to our Tech team. You will play a key part in strengthening and promoting procedures to enable efficiency in our recruitment.
- Write and post technical job descriptions
- Source potential candidates on niche platforms
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen tech resumes
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants' abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with tech team leads to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with tech professionals
- Promote company's reputation as a great place to work
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Support Viamo's other global recruitment efforts as required
Key Performance Indicators
- Improvement in number of qualified Tech candidates at the top of the recruitment funnel
- Shortlisted candidates match position criteria and Viamo culture
- Year on year improvement of recruitment metrics
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to Recruitment Manager
- Dotted line to the Chief Technology Officer
- We have a Technology hub in Saskatoon and would love to welcome you there, but we are happy for you to work remotely from any location in Canada.
- Advanced Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years as a Technical Recruiter
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, video and structured)
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for tech roles
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search)
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and service mindset
- Strong network in the Tech sector in Saskatoon
- Experience with a rapidly scaling Tech company
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients' needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Apply now with a CV and a short cover letter
Job Type: Full-time