Career Opportunity: Practice Management Instructor
About Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)
ICCRC is the national regulatory body that serves and protects the public by overseeing licensed immigration consultants and international student advisors. ICCRC establishes effective policies, practices, and procedures to regulate and educate immigration consultants.
National Not-for-Profit Regulatory Body
JOB TITLE: Practice Management Instructor
Reports to: Director of Education
Language Requirement: English (Bilingual Non-Imperative)
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia (BC)
Classification: Full Time
Do you want to be part of a team that strives to improve the quality of immigration/citizen consulting services? If you share our passion and purpose, please consider applying to the opportunity below to become part of a team that makes a difference.
ICCRC is looking for an engaging and collaborative Practice Management Instructor to facilitate and support all aspects of our Practice Management Education (PME) program.
Reporting to the Director of Education, the Practice Management Instructor will be responsible for interfacing with Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) to provide guidance in support of their compliance with all PME-related Regulations.
This role is ideal for someone who thrives in teaching and communicating in a multicultural environment with varied language levels. Our ideal candidate is a dedicated education professional who is passionate about delivering high-quality education to our membership in support of our consumer protection mandate.
The Education Department oversees all aspects of the education standards of prospective and practicing RCICs and Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs).
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to)
PME Course Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation & Evaluation
- Contribute to the planning and development process of PME courses.
- Facilitate PME courses in multiple formats (e.g., onsite, online, blended), according to established curricula.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the content of all courses delivered.
- Plan and organize instruction in ways to maximize participant learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to participants.
- Contribute to the monitoring and revising of PME course materials.
- Contribute to the planning and development of additional learning materials, as required.
- Document and provide monthly course statistics to the Director of Education.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual work plan for the Education Department.
- Perform other related duties in support of the goals and mandate of the Education Department, as assigned by Director of Education.
- Provide support and advice to the Education Team.
Regulation & Compliance
- Contribute to the updating of PME Regulations, as required.
- Review compliance audit submissions and liaise with RCICs to ensure compliance with all PME-related Regulations.
Engage with Stakeholders
- Support RCICs on an ongoing basis by providing advice to ensure compliance with all PME-related Regulations.
- Develop and deliver presentations on PME to education providers and other stakeholders, as required.
Knowledg*e & *Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Communications required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in English is essential and fluency in French is an advantage.
- Previous adult education facilitation in English is required.
- 5-10 years of years of adult education facilitation.
- Ability to learn course content quickly and become a subject-matter expert.
- Superior facilitation, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.)and internet search capabilities.
- Ability to work independently with good judgment.
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter indicating why you feel you are a fit for this role today. Please indicate Practice Manager Instructor in the subject line.
Please Note: A police record check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from persons legally entitled to work in Canada, who represent the diversity of our nation, and whose qualifications meet the skills and experiences we seek.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Adult Education facilitation: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Burnaby, BC (Preferred)