The Student Ambassador Program Coordinator for the guard.meCARES Ambassador Program will enthusiastically promote and represent guard.meCARES suite of services and products on campuses across Canada. They will nurture constant feedback loops, lead recruiting for ambassador positions, and work closely with the program director in training and supporting ambassadors.
This role is based in British Columbia, and the ideal candidate requires reliable transportation in order to ensure availability to travel to our partner locations. All employees who work for guard.me are also required to be fully vaccinated (min. 2 vaccinations) and able to complete a criminal background check.
We are a community that recognizes people as our most valuable asset. We look for individuals who like working with and helping people and who are interested in long-term career growth within an established, successful company. The work environment is fast-paced and high-energy. You'll have a chance to communicate with others, as everyone's input is valued. The culture is truly collaborative. You'll be working with an established award-winning team with an impressive track record.
If we still have your attention, please read through the responsibilities and qualifications and you think you’re a good fit, we’d love to review your resume!
- Enthusiastically represent the guard.meCARES suite of services and products on-site at campuses across Canada
- Client facing activities including leading presentations and stakeholder meetings
- Contributing to long-term program engagement goals
- Nurturing constant feedback loops to assess program implementation strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction
- Lead recruiting at partnering institutions to select guard.meCARES Ambassadors
- In collaboration with the program director, you will deliver a training program for the Campus Ambassadors, provide ongoing support to the ambassadors including regular meetings and touchpoints, and support event planning for the ambassador teams
- Oversee the coordination of program logistics with the support of Ambassador teams
- Collaborate with other program Account Managers, College & University Staff and Campus Ambassadors to develop creative strategies to engage domestic and international students by ensuring a memorable experience
- Responsible for ongoing student interaction to provide support and ensure satisfaction with the guard.meCARES suite of services
- Provide support to other program Account Managers, College & University Staff and Campus Ambassadors on administrative tasks
- Responsible for providing the program director with reporting related to program metrics such as recruiting activity, ambassador performance, marketing collateral & budget management, identification, evaluation and solutions for challenges and program improvement and provide detailed feedback on student and institutional interaction
- Contributes to projects and initiatives as directed by the Program Director and/or Program Manager
- Other duties and responsibilities as guard.me shall reasonably require
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in Student engagement, Program or Project Management
- Coaching/Mentorship or Leadership role in a student organization with either a Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Project Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous guard.meCARES Ambassador experience preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must reside in British Columbia
- Superior verbal and written skills in English
- Proven experience with development and executing program/project management activities
- Excellent working knowledge of the International Education field and/or Mental Health initiatives in a campus environment
- Proven ability to support and lead teams and implement initiatives
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills to, build and maintain relationships with students and staff, and deliver presentations & develop reporting materials for audiences at various
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain flexible hours (evenings/weekends as required) to support Account Managers, College & University Staff and Campus Ambassadors
- Solid teaming skills to work collaboratively in a positive, energetic and outgoing manner
- Comfortable adapting to new situations with the ability to perform well and problem solve in dynamic situations
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Teck-savvy with experience using Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook - Intermediate, PowerPoint – Advanced) as well as Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn)
- Additional language capabilities and experience studying or working in another country is an asset
Disclaimer: Please note that this document is intended to provide an overview of job accountabilities and does not necessarily list all tasks related to the job.
We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are not accepting calls from Recruiters at this time.
guard.me is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation will be provided to requesting candidates during the recruitment process.
guard.me is a leading provider of international student health insurance and, we’re so much more. That’s why, as a trusted partner for private and public universities, colleges, language schools and school boards, we created guard.meCARES, our innovative platform of health and wellness programs and services designed to mitigate risk, manage crisis events and improve health and wellness day-in and day-out.
guard.meCARES is more than a name; caring is at the heart of everything we do. It’s who we are and it’s why we are here. The philosophy of caring for students and our partners and giving back to the communities in which we do business is our guiding principle and what sets us apart from our competitors.
Our team of Real People delivers the personalized attention and culturally sensitive Real Solutions clients need for Real Life. We offer expert assistance during times of crisis, innovative programs and digital resources that improve wellness, ongoing education and training for staff and educators, with unparalleled customer support.
It’s a commitment to caring that every guard.me team member holds at their core and strives to deliver on each and every day. We do it not because we have to, but because guard.meCARES.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Candidates must be fully vaccinated to be eligible for the role and must show proof of vaccination when joining the company.
Work Location: In person