Position: Software Developer
Position Type: Full time, permanent
Reports to: Manager, Software Development
Location: Kitchener, ON
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
Our Postmedia Innovation Outpost team is moving at lightning speed on the bleeding edge of technology. Postmedia is looking for a Software Developer to help deliver innovative and robust products for our customers. Based in our Kitchener office, you will develop and mentor other developers to build and constantly improve systems for internal processes and transparency for our clients. Our team works on both back end services and front end interfaces. We are a small team with a BIG impact: high speed and autonomy of a start-up.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll use a wide range of skill sets and best practices in building and maintaining scalable software solutions
- You’ll design systems that can handle “web-scale” traffic
- You’ll champion the code review process and a constant learning environment
- You’ll work collaboratively with DevOps to ship your code to production using Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines
- You will work in a collaborative team environment with highly skilled specialists in many areas, distributed systems, AWS, service-oriented architecture, quality analysis
Who you are:
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- You have at least 3+ years building large-scale data processing systems and websites
- You have experience working in an Agile software development environment
- You have experience creating and maintaining ETL systems
- You have built REST APIs that process large amounts of data
- You have a degree in computer science, web development or equivalent work experience
- You have experience writing clean, testable code using OO based methodologies
- You are tenacious, driven, and self-directed with excellent time management
- You have a deep understanding of best coding practices, unit testing, version control, and a strong interest in automation
Good to have:
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS and CircleCI
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent