Organization: Service New Brunswick
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: November 19, 2018
Duration: The duration of the assignment is two (2) years with two (2) one-year optional renewal periods.
Work Location: 520 King Street, Fredericton, NB
The Department of Health, Innovation and eHealth branch (Branch), is staffed by roughly 30 professionals who are responsible for the ongoing business operations and evolution of the Department’s digital health solutions. The Branch provides support to Health Stakeholders utilizing eHealthNB digital solutions such as the Provincial Electronic Health Record, the Drug Information System, the New Brunswick Prescription Monitoring Program, the Diagnostic Imaging Repository and the Client and Provider Registries.
Over the past decade, the Province has made significant investments in eHealthNB solutions. These investments have resulted in the creation of a single, comprehensive and secure Provincial patient health record. Being able to leverage the eHealthNB platform for future services is key to moving New Brunswick forward in the development of a secure digital health ecosystem and improving the delivery of health-care services within the province.
In 2017, the Department of Health completed a 5-year Community Health IT Strategy (Strategy).
The Strategy laid out a vision for a Provincial community-based digital health system that:
- could leverage the existing eHealth NB environment;
- is integrated throughout the continuum of care supporting the seamless flow of information;
- has a mobile and wireless capability to support point of care data collection;
- Enabled collaborative health team decision support, and that
- Provides Community based Healthcare professionals with a comprehensive Patient health record that includes clinical and diagnostic information such as laboratory results, pharmacy, hospital admission and assessment
The Strategy identified several priority community-based digital health initiatives for the Province. One such priority is a Community and Home Care Solution for the Extra-Mural Program (EMP).
In May 2018, the Department issued a Request for Information (RFI) to identify suppliers who possess a solution that could:
- Provide clinical and logistic support for Community based Healthcare Service Providers, Administrators and Patient/Families in the New Brunswick Extra-Mural Program (EMP), and
- Enable the Department of Health (Department) to leverage existing investments and information available in its eHealth platform.
Response to the RFI was informative and has helped the Department to determine the capabilities of existing solutions to support the EMP and other Community-based Healthcare programs including their capabilities to leverage existing health assets.
In July 2018, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Canada Health Infoway signed the ACCESS Atlantic partnership. The goal of the partnership is to improve access to digital health services and transform the way healthcare is delivered. A key technical delivery method will be through Infoway’s ACCESS Gateway platform. The ACCESS platform will be a trusted platform that will connect Canadian citizens with their health information and to the digital health services that Canadians have been asking for.
New Brunswick and Infoway have agreed to work together to ensure that a Community and Home Care support solution for the EMP will align with the ACCESS Gateway platform and effectively leverage New Brunswick eHealth NB digital health assets.
Service New Brunswick (SNB) is seeking the services of a Senior Technical Architect to lead the technical architecture and technical design of the Community and Home Care Support solution.
SCOPE/DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Technical Architect will be responsible to work with the Innovation and eHealth team to:
- develop the technical blueprint for the Community and Home Care Support solution (Solution);
- develop the technical requirements, standards and guiding principals for the Community eHealth Platform Solution;
- ensure the solution is aligned with Canada Health Infoway’s ACCESS Gateway architecture and New Brunswick’s eHealthNB platform;
- assist in the development of one or more RFP(s) for the Solution, and
- assist in the planning and implementation of the Solution(s).
The following Technical Architecture deliverables will be the responsibility of the candidate. Consideration for managed services and cloud services will always be the preferred option.
1. Technical Requirements
Technical requirements include functional and non-functional requirements needed to support the Community and Home Care Support solution within the eHealthNB and ACCESS Gateway platforms.
2. Technical Architecture
Technical Architecture is the blueprint schematic of the Community and Home Care Support solution and alignment eHealthNB and ACCESS Gateway. The Technical Architecture should include the proposed layout of the various environments (Dev, ST, AT, Prod), hardware components, integration, network, and communications.
3. Technical Standards
Technical Standards are required for the construction or acquisition of components and technical infrastructure. They include standards for communication, integration, desktop and networking standards for Community eHealth solutions. Technical Standards surrounding ACCESS Gateway will need to be aligned with eHealth NB standards.
4. Technical Principals
Technical guiding principles for the Community and Home Care Support solution will help guide the selection of incorporated packages and developer level component specifications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the evolution of the above deliverables throughout the solution acquisition, planning, design, development/configuration and implementation phases of the project.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 to $95.00 /hour