Not just a job…
You’ll experience them all at London Drugs Limited (London Drugs or the Company). As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team!
Our Internal Audit Department located at our head office in Richmond, BC currently has opportunities for:
At London Drugs, we thrive on finding new ways to take care of people, every day. We go above and beyond the expected to take care of people and make their lives less complicated.
Reporting to the General Manager, Internal Audit, this position is responsible for planning and performing internal audits (audits) for the company; these audits are independently designed to add value and improve operations. The London Drugs internal audit team helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- A high degree of confidence when handling Company financials and other sensitive information.
- The aptitude to work independently and appropriately under pressure, as well as to be a contributing team member for larger projects.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively problem solve.
- Organizational skills and the capability to multitask effectively in order to work well under changing priorities.
- The skill to work collaboratively with all levels of personnel within the Company.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A willingness to be a change agent within the Company.
- The desire to be a lifelong learner.
Education and Knowledge:
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CGA, or CPA CMA).
- Internal Audit related designations (CIA, CISA, or CISSP) or an interest to pursue such a designation in the immediate future.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience conducting internal and/or external audits.
- Sound knowledge of internal controls; general corporate policies and procedures; and accounting principles.
- Strong knowledge of various Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio etc.)
- Experience in data analytics for audit purposes.
- The following experience and/or knowledge will be regarded as an asset:
- Software applications: ACL, Tableau or IDEA;
- Governance frameworks (i.e. SOX, COBIT, ISO);
- Cyber security operations and/or conducting cyber security audits and assessments;
- Retail experience.
- To plan and perform audits of Company processes and systems using a systematic and logical methodology.
- These audits will include the review of various store and head office processes to ensure company policies and procedures are being followed, ensure controls are in place and make recommendations for improvement.
- Present findings, risks and recommendations to multiple stakeholders.
- And as required:
- Plan and perform audits covering other companies in the group;
- Work with external parties such as the Company’s external auditors and suppliers/vendors;
- Assist management with special projects; and
If you possess a leadership style that focuses on effective change, this is the opportunity for you to excel!
London Drugs offers advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health & Wellness (Up to 100% YM/YWCA gym membership paid)
- Company matched RRSPs
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Confidential counseling)
- Community Involvement
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals please apply now!
London Drugs is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list
Job Type: Full-time
- Internal Auditing: 3 years (Required)
- CISA (Preferred)
- CISSP (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)