You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
- Take on responsibility for site Facilities tasks, requests and issues, and be a main point of contact for employees, visitors, vendors, contractors, and the landlord’s representatives.
- Work closely with and oversee vendors, contractors and landlord representatives in the successful execution of cleaning, maintenance and repair requests on building systems, furniture, and office equipment.
- Ensure a high standard of office appearance is maintained in the areas and that all policies and processes are followed.
- Perform frequent facility and security inspections including documenting findings and tracking issues through resolution.
- Carry out back-up reception duties such as daily mail, booking boardrooms, answering phones and greeting clients.
- Be on-call for possible after-hour site emergencies; available for after-hour scheduled maintenance and repair of various equipment and systems.
- Onboard new hires.
- Process invoices and ensure proper cost center coding.
- Manage Facility Direct ticketing system.
- Track and report workspace assignments and conference room usage; manage and update space utilization program.
- Maintain the emergency and evacuation programs including Emergency Response Teams and site crisis management.
We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Minimum of one-year front-line customer-service experience, plus overseeing the maintenance and repair of building systems and office equipment or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Post- secondary education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$43,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- facilities : 3 years (Required)