Are you a multi-tasking, detail-junky that loves to meet new people and build ongoing customer relationships? Do you have a passion for supporting training and education programs? Are you looking to make a meaningful difference in the careers of water professionals? Join our not-for-profit association and help us in our pursuit to advance the careers of water and wastewater professionals, and protect public health and the environment while we’re at it.
The BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA) has an immediate, part-time employment (30hrs/week) opportunity for an Education Coordinator. The Education Coordinator is responsible for implementing BCWWA education activities throughout BC and the Yukon. This position supports the training needs of more than 600 students per year and is integral to the growth and continual improvement of the Association’s education program. Responsibilities include account management, developing and maintaining relationships, event planning, coordinating course materials and instructors, supporting marketing activities, and supporting associated program areas.
- Develop and maintain positive ongoing relationships with individuals, organizations and key stakeholders across BC and the Yukon to increase training delivery rates, identify new education opportunities and improve existing training offerings.
- Ensure the successful implementation of education programs including:
- Select service providers and negotiate rates for event venues, catering, audio visual and student accommodations.
- Coordinate contracts and invoices for vendors, instructors and clients, and reconcile costs to budgets.
- Liaise with course instructors to confirm availability and provide support when they are teaching.
- Order course-related stationary supplies, books and equipment; coordinate printing and timely delivery of all training materials and equipment; and maintain an inventory of materials and equipment.
- Perform training event closure activities such as collecting and recording evaluations, collecting and submitting continuing education completion forms, etc.
- Provide recommendations regarding instructor requirements in various regions and, where approved, support the recruitment and selection of instructors.
- Maintain up-to-date versions of course files and materials; ensure instructors and printers have access to and use the most current materials.
- Create and maintain up-to-date information for students on the BCWWA website; provide information to the marketing and communication team for promotion of classes. * Provide support to the Manager of Education in creating, tracking progress and evaluating annual work plans and budgets.
- Support other BCWWA programs related to advancing the skills and knowledge of water sector practitioners in BC.
- Assist in implementing outreach activities to recruit new members and customers; this includes attending the BCWWA annual conference and trade show and other industry events to promote BCWWA programs and services.
- Provide administrative support for client-facing activities in the cross connection control and member service program areas.
- Other duties as necessary.
- A college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Customer relationship development.
- Education/event delivery processes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software preferred.
- Proficiency with online course management tools and software an asset.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong project management skills – able to guide projects from inception to completion, including the ability to plan, execute, and monitor progress toward achieving project goals.
- Strong planning skills – always prepared and thinks ahead; anticipates what is needed, takes a proactive approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills – accurately assesses problems, and efficiently identifies and implements solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail – driven to always get it “right” and takes pride in providing accuracy in all work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – listens and understands; shares ideas or concerns with others clearly and effectively.
- Excellent time management and priority setting skills – able to plan and manage workload so that deadlines are met.
- Excellent customer service skills – listens to customer needs and responds in an appropriate manner.
The BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA) is a not-for-profit organization that represents more than 4,000 water professionals who are responsible for ensuring safe, sustainable and secure water, sewer and stormwater systems in BC and the Yukon. Our members work every day to keep our water systems clean and safe – from source to tap to drain and back to the environment. They include water and wastewater facility operators, utility managers, engineers, technicians and technologists, consultants, government policy and regulatory staff, backflow assembly testers and cross connection control specialists, researchers, and suppliers. The Association delivers professional development, education, certification, and advocacy programs and services to ensure that our water systems continue to protect public health and the environment.
We have a bright, positive and engaged (but small) team. We value “getting the job done” but want to have some fun while we’re at it! Our office is currently located in downtown Vancouver, close to the Burrard Street skytrain station. We are relocating this summer to new office space in Burnaby, and a 15min walk from the Gilmore skytrain station.
Terms and Compensation
The position is part-time (30 hours per week), beginning immediately. This role is 6 hours per day, 5 days per week, with opportunity for increased hours at different times of the year.
Minimal travel will be required within BC, including four to five days each May to support our Annual Conference.
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as limited telecommuting/work from home opportunities.
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience matches the role.
Job Type: Part-time
- Related: 2 years (Required)