Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors and is seeking a full-time Brake Press Operator for its West Kelowna, BC location.
Northside Industries has been serving their customers a wide variety of products for over 50 years, providing only the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expectations.
Northside Industries requires a positive, team-oriented individual who can contribute to the growth of the company. In this role you will be reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
We are filling a Monday to Friday 2:30pm - 11:00pm Shift.
- Set-up and Operation of a CNC machines that may include Laser tables, Sanding equipment, Waterjet Tables, and Press Brakes.
- Program selection
- Tooling Selection
- Reading and Interpreting technical drawings
- Measuring parts using a variety of tools and ensuring all parts meet quality requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good computer skills
- Proven skills to interpret and understand technical drawings including tolerances
- Selecting correct tooling to match necessary forming of parts
- Forming a varied range of parts, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Familiar with te3sting and measuring devices
- Ability to read metric and imperial measuring devices
- Ability to work shift work if necessary
- High attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Strong work ethic
- Preference will be given to those with CNC Brake Press programming software experience
Things you can expect from Northside Industries:
- Training, training, training: whether it be your first year of welding, or you have years of experience, Northside Industries invests in formal training and cross-training to ensure you are always honing your craft
- Clean, indoor working environment: leave the cold and heat outside and enjoy the comfort of working indoors in a clean workplace at a bench of your own
- Great team: Renowned as a great place to work, Northside is proud of its team and puts a great deal of effort into ensuring people stay because they are happy and taken care of.
- Benefits: offered after 3 months of work
Northside Industries also offers a signing bonus of $500 upon successful completion of the 90-day probation period.
Northside Industries offers competitive compensation packages, benefits, incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Northside Industries holds quality and welding certification through ISO 9001:2015 and CWB respectively.
How to Apply:
Please apply through Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Please let us know your wage expectations for this position (numerical answer required):
- CNC Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Brake Press: 1 year (preferred)
- interpreting and understanding technical drawing: 1 year (preferred)
- testing and measuring equipment: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)