Merchandising Student Coordinator
8 months - Fall 2021 (Sept 2021 - April 2022)
205 Quarry Park Blvd SE, Unit 110, Calgary
**This role is currently remote/work-from-home as a result of COVID-19. Canadian Tire has announced that all offices are closed at the moment. This means the student entering this role will be shipped a laptop to their home address and will be working remotely until we announce it is safe to return.**
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada, and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Our Commitment to students
What you’ll do:
- Work in an environment that supports, and fosters knowledge sharing and provides key experiences to increase capabilities through projects or objectives.
- There will be specific and measurable objectives/goals that will support learning & achieving relevant business deliverables.
- Continue to support Canadian Tire’s culture of learning from others, continuous improvement, agility, growth and innovation.
- I nvestment in the community to create a talented diverse workforce for Canada and Canadian Tire’s future.
- Building & strengthening student social engagement throughout their education and pursuit of their career through ongoing communication and relationship building.
Our team is responsible for curating the best-in-class product assortment for the Sport Chek and Atmosphere banners. We’re an extremely fast-paced team with many ongoing projects. We’re very supportive, drawing upon the breadth of experience across the team to help each other deliver results! Our Merchandising Student Coordinators will have a workload mix of data entry and retail analysis. You will
Who you are:
- - Providing Support across the Apparel, Footwear, and Equipment Purchasing teams.
- - P/O management, inventory Analysis, Store Operations and Marketing integration.
- - Vendor relations.
- - Workload will be a mix of data entry and retail analysis.
- - Exceptional communication skills with the confidence and passion to share knowledge
- - Creative thinker who is observant to seek new opportunities and perceptive to abstract ideas
- - Goal driven individual to seek out continuous improvement opportunities
- - The ability to take a collaborate approach to build strong relationships and have positive team experiences
- - Flexible and dynamic individual who is able to adjust and prioritize accordingly to adapt to business demands and requirements
- - Solid foundation of relevant technical skills
- - Demonstrates behaviours of transparency, accountability agility and learning from others that will support your success
- - Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Merchandising, or graduating Summer 2021
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
Criminal Background Checks
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn .
: May 12, 2021, 12:01:33 PM