Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Asset Health Systems the Asset Health Systems, Analyst is responsible for delivering cutting edge technologies, such as Industrial Internet of Things, condition monitoring systems, operator safety systems, big data analytics, and machine learning driven predictive maintenance. Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate in projects in the $50K to $6M range. Annual value of business impacted by these projects may exceed $25 million
- Integrate the collection of data from heavy equipment sensors and onboard computer technologies
- Participate in new system selection, system architecture, and continuous improvement of supported systems
- Support innovation in predictive maintenance that employs Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud, and Internet of Things technologies
- Define, implement, support, and continuously improve cutting edge asset health systems that optimize safety, sustainability, and efficiency
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to resolve sophisticated technical problems
- Apply organizational change management techniques to derive more value from existing technologies and ensure maximum adoption of new technologies
- Facilitate and support cyber-security improvements, incident response, and forensics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering or related two year Diploma
- Experience with asset health, condition monitoring, or other near-real-time maintenance systems or related technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, virtualization, Active Directory and computer networking fundamentals is required. Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems would be an asset
- Familiarity with cloud technologies for pipelining and processing big data would be an asset
- Experience delivering and supporting information technology services in an industrial setting, preferably mining
- Knowledge of serial, CANBUS, and digital I/O interfaces and related communication protocols is preferred
- Experience working with WiFi and wired networks that employ an ISA-99 or a similar multi-zone security model would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security principles would be an asset.
- Ability to travel as needed to support Teck’s mining operations in North and South America
- Valid class five driver’s license, with a clean driving record
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-functional team participant and collaborative approach to communication and problem solving
- Excellent analytical, root cause analysis, and problem solving skills related to sensors and vehicle wiring
- Strong dedication to customer happiness and the ability to maintain strong relationships with key partners
- Working level Spanish would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time