As part of the finance function at Zenabis, the Cost Accountant will assist in actively managing costs for its operating locations. This individual is responsible for assisting the ongoing analysis of target costing projects, margin analysis, and advancing product costing models for biological assets. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience with strong analytical skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining the operations departmental costing model
- Support operations to understand the decisions made around processes and costing and the effects on financial performance
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard costing allocations and application rates
- Collect, summarize, and analyze key inputs and assumptions in the inventory and biological asset valuation model
- Work with key operations and sales leads on through-put measures, yields, pricing, and other key measures
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing, including preparation of inventory adjustments and departmental allocations
- Analyze quarterly margin and production spending
- Support the preparation of production facility annual budgets
- Help identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Advise on appropriate procurement cost coding
- Support ERP implementation project, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- At a minimum, 2 years of relevant experience as a Cost Accountant or Cost Analyst
- Possess a very good understanding of accounting principles and possess advanced accounting skills
- Obtained or in the process of pursuing accounting designation (CMA track an asset)
- Advanced Excel, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- ERP experience an asset, specifically Microsoft Dynamics
- Public company experience an asset
- Flexible and able to prioritize tasks
- Strong work ethic and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Salary: Commensurates with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance: Security Clearance may be required for this position.
Working Hours: Salaried Position: Monday through Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. This position will require after hours or extended hours based on activity.
Physical Requirements: None
Zenabis is quickly becoming a key player in the rapidly growing Canadian cannabis industry. As a publicly-traded company (TSX: ZENA) with over 30 years of experience in commercial agriculture, we have the potential to become one of the largest licensed producers of medical and adult-use cannabis in the world. We are a diverse and passionate team of doctors, scientists, cultivators, educators, and advocates with the same goal: to increase access to high-quality cannabis products.
While headquartered in downtown Vancouver, Zenabis’ facilities are located coast to coast across Canada. As the reach of our products continues to expand nationwide and internationally, we are looking for exceptional talent to propel our company to the next level. Join us as we help build this budding industry! For more information, please visit https://www.zenabis.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)