Who We Are: Campbellford Memorial Hospital is a 34-bed health care facility located in Trent Hills. As the only hospital located between Belleville and Peterborough, CMH provides a comprehensive array of acute care services. Together we ensure our patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. We have a sustainable vision for the future: building upon our existing strengths, being a recognized leader in rural healthcare, and creating a healthy community through service excellence, effective partnerships and a health hub model of care. We are extremely proud of our team – warm, caring professionals who take a genuine interest in our patients. We passionately pursue excellence, and create a better experience by putting our best selves forward every day.
We are looking for experienced Registered Nurses. Please submit a current resume and covering letter to Campbellford Memorial for opportunities available in the Emergency Department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Current unencumbered general registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current certification in CPR.
Current certification, as per Nursing Department policy, in the following:
- IV Therapy
- Bi-valving, Reinforcement, Removal of cast
- Preparation & Administration of IV Medications
- Current ACLS
- Coronary Care I
- Recent Emergency Room Nurse experience (preferably 2 years experience)
- Current Triage Course required
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to function within the Standards of Nursing Practice as outlined by the College of Nurses
- Extensive knowledge and recent experience in all aspects of Coronary Care and Emergency Nursing, with demonstrated skills in problem-solving based on rapid but accurate patient assessment.
- Demonstrated initiative for continuing education and willingness to participate in programs related to all aspects of nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a high level of independent practice and leadership.
Preference will be given to the applicant who has:
a) Coronary Care II
b) Successfully completed:
- Patient Assessment
- Emergency Nursing Course I & II
- Current PALS
Duties: Knowledge and skills as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario and Campbellford Memorial Hospital job descriptions for a Registered Nurse; Special Care Unit Nurse; Charge Nurse
We thank all applicants for their interest in Campbellford Memorial Hospital. In an effort to promote employment equity, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals including Aboriginal persons, immigrants, members of minority groups, women and persons with disabilities.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Company Pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Night Shift
- Emergency Room: 1 year (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)