About Gap Wireless
Gap Wireless is a leading provider of products and services for the mobile broadband and wireless markets. The company works with industry-recognized vendors to stock and distribute thousands of wireless infrastructure and Test & Measurement products and offers a suite of hardware and value-added services for the UAV (Drone) market. Serving carriers and contractors throughout North America, Gap Wireless also provides value-added technical/engineering services.
Position title: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports to: Director of Finance
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Gap Wireless is currently seeking a self-directed Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist (AR/AP Specialist) that is highly efficient, who enjoys challenges, has strong time management and accounting skills, and applies sound judgment in successful task planning and execution in order to meet company deadlines.
The AR/AP Specialist will report directly to the Director of Finance and will on all the tasks and duties outlined below. This is a great opportunity for a resourceful and self-motivated individual who is inspired by accounting.
Accounts Receivable Duties:
· Prepare invoices to match the original sales orders, calculate and add any additional costs and fees, submit the invoices to customers.
- Collections of Aging Receivables & handle customer enquiries related to invoicing issues
- Support on providing Customers payment history when assigning the credit term
- Support Order team on creating 50% down payment invoice and process Credit Card Payments
- Ontime Customer’s payment posting to keep Aging Report up to date
Accounts Payable Duties:
· Invoice data entry and vendor account reconciliation
- Payment application and remittance notices
- Vendor rebate reports and tracking
- Posting of payroll and other journal entries as needed
- Approve, reconcile, journalize and post Concur expenses
- Contribute to strong customer and vendor relationships through positive interactions
- Daily bank reconciliation of CAD/US corp as needed
- Support month-end and year-end close process as needed
- Completion of additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
- Team Work and Positive Attitude
Your qualifications and who we're ideally looking for:
· University or College degree / diploma in Accounting or related is desired
· 5+ years of proven accounting experience, with strong integrated marketing experience (events, social, PR, email etc.)
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced connected sales and marketing environment
· Experience using ERP Software, SAP, etc.
· Experience using Microsoft Office and related programs
· Preferably Bilingual (English & French)
We offer a friendly, innovative and collaborative work environment in Mississauga, ON. Our talented team drives our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential.
Gap Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You must have all of the experience listed above to qualify. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state, and local law.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
All Customers are required to wear masks
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounts receivable: 3 years (preferred)