Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? The Maintenance Team at AVL Manufacturing, Inc. is looking for a Janitor with notable experience working in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
The AVL Group of Companies was founded in 1998. Hamilton Metal Works® (H.M.W), the founding company of the group, focused primarily on large custom fabrications and machining. In 2006, H.M.W. changed its name to AVL Manufacturing™, adding full assembly, project management, and single-source supply chain services to its portfolio. AVL Manufacturing has now transformed into one of Canada’s largest privately-owned engineering, manufacturing, and assembly facilities.
Job Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Perform daily janitorial duties throughout the office and shop areas
- Clean offices: sweep, mop floors, vacuum carpet, wipe desks and cabinets, dust fixtures as required.
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, counters, faucets, door, and stall handles, toilets, and fixtures.
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials, and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order
- Replenish paper towel dispenser toilet paper, soap, and disinfectant dispensers throughout the facility
- Empty all wastepaper baskets in offices and warehouse
- Perform yard maintenance including snow removal, de-icing and weed removal from walkway and parking areas, pick-up of debris, garden tending, and trimming overgrowth around the building.
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs and report damages and acts of vandalism.
- Perform other general laborer duties as required.
- Provide material handling and general assembly assistance to Millwrights, Electricians, Apprentices, and other Mechanical/Machine Builders.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and participate in regular safety talks.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial and office environment.
- Janitorial experience an asset, but not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 3 years (preferred)
- cleaning: 3 years (preferred)
- janitorial: 3 years (preferred)