- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- Authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Direct management experience for salaried employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services is seeking an Operations Manager for its new Fulfillment Center that will service customers throughout Canada. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
- Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning.
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- University Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment