Under the direction of the Regional Employee Relations Manager, the Employee Relations Coordinator provides support for functional areas of Human Resources, which includes: recruitment and selection, training and development, health and safety, and a variety of record keeping and reporting. The Employee Relations Coordinator will ensure that the requirements for administrative support are undertaken efficiently and professionally, including word-processing, answer telephone, filing, maintaining noticeboards, and the organization of new employee documentation. This role supports the Regional and National Employee Relations team members
Recruitment and Selection
- Coordinate the recruitment process for the hiring manager by posting the advertisement, screening resumes/applications, conducting reference/background checks, and scheduling interviews.
- May participate in interviews.
- Support for job fairs or other public offerings.
Training and Development
- Schedule training sessions and track participants for the various areas of Human resources. E.g. H&S, First Aid, Leadership Development Intensive, etc.
- Make arrangements with venues in conjunction with the training lead.
- Ensure all training materials are ordered, printed, available and packaged as needed.
Record Keeping and Reporting
- Prepare and distribute letters, packages, reports, and other documentation as necessary.
- Create and maintain filing systems as needed.
- Track documentation flow into and out of the office for New Hire packages, performance reviews, probationary trackers, training certificates, etc.
- Coordinate the distribution of birthday cards, retirement certificates, and other recognition initiatives.
- Coordinate completion of Human Resource projects and other initiatives to ensure compliance for internal stakeholders.
- Respond to general inquiries (internal and external) ensuring confidentiality of employees is maintained. Redirect escalated issues as necessary.
- Continually reviewing current HR practices and legislation.
- Identify best practices and make recommendations to the HR team members for improvements.
HRIS System Support
- Support with HRIS system configuration updates, testing, reporting and password resets as required.
- Support managers with queries related to system navigation and data entry.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 1 year of administrative experience, preferably in a HR environment;
- Post-secondary education in HR and working toward CHRP;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Possess positive, solution oriented and client service focused attitude;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately;
- Bilingual English/French with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to prioritize;
- Ability to meet tight timelines while ensuring accuracy and maintaining composure;
- Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, process and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with capability and desire to work within a collaborative team.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store - National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Employee Relations: 1 year (Preferred)