At CannaPiece, we believe that each employee is a key factor in our success, to help patients and our communities. We are proud of what we do and are excited to be expanding our team.
You would be joining a growing and exciting industry in which we plan to play a significant role. Regardless of which division of our group that you work for, you are part of the entire team and your contribution will be a key factor for our overall success. We have built business units to cover what we feel is the entire continuum of care needed to be the best at what we do.
Our group of companies has been built on the philosophy of helping others and supporting the people and communities who have built and maintain the strength of our industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our talented team and be part of a challenging and rewarding experience at CannaPiece.
CannaPiece – Pickering Facility
Some shift work and weekends may be required
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Packaging Specialist will be the lead systems operator on the dried cannabis packaging line and pre-roll manufacturing and packaging line, as well as assist with our oil filling program. The Packaging Specialist will be handling the main operating systems for each of the packaging lines, which includes overseeing process quality controls. The Packaging Specialist is also responsible for maintaining a perpetually clean workspace to provide a sterile, safe and efficient environment for production of medical products.
The ideal candidate is a hard working individual, a strong team player, has the ability to work independently, and the ability to adapt to not only the operations of CannaPiece, but also to the challenges set in the ever-evolving Canadian cannabis industry. The position is suited to those who love to learn, understand and follow SOPs, and demonstrate diligence in maintaining good documentation practices.
- Operates and maintains packaging line machines and on-board computer program for packaging of dried cannabis
- Oversees the in-process quality controls for the entire packaging line, safely and efficiently, while complying with all SOPs and regulations
- Operates and maintains packaging line for pre-roll equipment, stations and program.
- Oversees the safe and secure transport of cannabis and cannabis products between production environments and secured storage, in a sanitary manner
- · Meticulously performs and accurately documents all work as directed in the SOPs and GDP
- Conducts quality monitoring of the entire production process
- Performs calibration and maintenance on technical equipment, tools, production rooms & overall facility as required
- · Manages inventory through inventory control systems, identifies any inventory issues or concerns and systematically reports them to the Production Supervisor in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensures sanitation and cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day are completed
- Strictly adheres to hygiene and health & safety guidelines as described by the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- As the company expands, assist with the education and guidance of new staff in lab protocols, Safe Work Practices (SWP), Safe Job Procedures (SJP) and overall safety awareness
- Performs other duties as assigned
Successful Applicant will have (qualifications and skills)
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience in machine automation process, manufacturing and/or packaging systems
- Experience working with GPP or GMP will be considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to detect quality defects and perform accurate counts and measurements
- A reputation of being dependable and punctual
- The ability to adhere to strict procedures and schedules
- Strong teamwork skills, works well as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to establish priorities, work quickly, accurately, and independently with minimal supervision; demonstrates self-motivation and initiative
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multi-task efficiently
- A strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Willingness to maintain an open mind and learn new techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficient computer skills including Windows-based operating systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Office, and other programs and software as required
- Passed all professional and legal background check
Working environment, physical condition and capabilities
- Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods (e.g., packing and hand packaging, weighing product, and regular inventory) while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Able to lift 25lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required
- Exposed to open and packaged cannabis products/supplies
- May be noisy at times and temperate
- Exposed to dust, fine particles, gasses under pressure and flammable materials
Job Type: Full-time
- Windows-based operating systems : 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine automation process, manufacturing and/or packaging : 1 year (Required)
- GDP and GMP knowledge/: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)