The Packaging Associate will report into the Packaging Supervisor and will be responsible for producing pre-rolls, packaging cannabis flower and preparing labels as well as other packaging duties. We are looking for individuals who are detail orientated, focussed and efficient in the tasks they carry out.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’sinnovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
BZAM Cannabis Corp. (a BZAM affiliate) is a 100,000+ sq. ft. cannabis production facility located in Strathcona County, Alberta and is regulated by the Cannabis Act and its Regulations.
- Ensure packaging production quotas deadlines are consistently met; Work in the production line with consistent speed and accuracy;
- Read work orders or receive oral instruction for work assignments;
- Maintain storage areas and carry out general duties;
- Mark and/or tag products with identifying information;
- Assemble various products and materials;
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment;
- May participate in replenishment, letdowns, shipping and receiving;
- Operate, navigate, or drive mechanized material handling equipment;
- Undertake Packaging Associate activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking;
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify problems or defects; and
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Supporting Plant Production and Sanitation tasks will be required from time to time.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Highly collaborative and able to work as part of a team;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Basic math, reading and writing skills;
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, and reaching;
- Able to work overtime as needed, including nights and weekends;
- Reliable and punctual;
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team; and
- Flexibility to alternate between 1st and 2nd shift if necessary.
You Are a DETAIL ORIENTATED individual who remains focussed whilst carrying out tasks.
You Are a RELIABLE individual who consistently demonstrates a positive and professional attitude.
You Are HIGHLY COLLABORTIVE and thoroughly enjoy working as part of a team.
- Previous experience working with cannabis packaging or in production lines preferred, but not required;
- Experience with SOP's preferred but not required; and
- Previous experience in a regulated environment would be beneficial.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package*
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
Expected start date: 2021-08-16
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
BZAM Cannabis Co. is committed to following all provincial and federal public health authority guidance pertaining to COVID-19
- Packaging: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)