Do you want to put your experience in cybersecurity and risk to work in an interesting new environment? Are you good at following details and is helping solve problems a reason you like coming to work?
If so, we’d like to talk to you!
WCLC is currently looking for a Manager, Cybersecurity and Risk to join our VLT Division in Saskatoon Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the division Vice President, you will serve as a valuable member of the division’s senior leadership team. With a quality focused mindset, you will manage a team responsible for all aspects of Cybersecurity and Physical Security. In collaboration with senior leadership, as well as internal and external stakeholders, you will support strategic planning, technology lifecycles for cybersecurity resources as well as lead activities to measure, report on, and manage cybersecurity and business risk.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
In joining our team as the Manager, Cybersecurity and Risk, you would…
Cybersecurity and Risk
- Develop and support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of cybersecurity policies, procedures and standards using established cybersecurity frameworks with a goal of increasing overall cybersecurity maturity.
- Assess information risk and facilitate remediation of vulnerabilities for cybersecurity across the division. Collaborate across departments and with the Lottery Division on Development of cybersecurity initiatives.
- Lead and participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits and incident response processes.
- Collaborate with external auditors in management of the annual CSAE3416/SOC1 audit and associated information gathering activities.
- Collaborate with Division leaders and Internal Audit teams on developing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) discipline and associated information update activities.
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity metrics and Key Performance Indicators to demonstrate the progress and value proposition of cybersecurity. Support and lead activities to further develop data classification and data governance practices.
Department Operations and Staff Leadership
- Manage a team of cybersecurity professionals, providing coaching and development opportunities, assigning tasks and responsibilities, and evaluating performance. Provide escalation support as needed.
- Support ongoing strategic planning for the VLT program through close collaboration with the senior leadership team and key external stakeholders.
- Plan technology lifecycles for security resources. Have full budgetary responsibility for Cybersecurity and Risk, ensuring associated documentation is updated and maintained.
- Conduct research on current best and emerging technologies and/or products and present proposals on recommendations where applicable.
- Perform continuous improvement of processes by seeking regular feedback from stakeholders, identifying process issues, and proposing plans to the senior leadership team to close gaps with the aim to continually improve processes to support corporate objectives.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, influence, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines.
- 5+ years of work experience in IT Security or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
- University or College degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously with minimal direction, while relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong technical knowledge of current systems, software, protocols, and standards.
- Knowledge of risk, security, and privacy frameworks/regulations such as ISO 27001/2, SOC, PCI DSS, NIST, CIS, GDPR etc.
- Understanding of multiple Cybersecurity domains including Access Management, Risk Management, Vulnerability Management, Cloud Security, Application Security, Network Security etc.
WCLC’s VLT division is contracted by LGS (Lotteries and Gaming Saskatchewan) to manage and operate VLTs in Saskatchewan. The VLT division operates 4,200 VLTs across the province, and WCLC provides training, installation, and maintenance of the VLTs, as well as a central operating system.
WCLC is the non-profit organization authorized to manage, conduct, and operate lottery and gaming-related activities at retail and online for the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba as well as The Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. We work closely with our governmental partners to bring a first-rate lottery experience to our players and meet their changing needs with new technology and tools.
We know it’s our people that make this possible, which is why we invest in building talented, adaptable, and accountable teams. We’d love to talk to you about how you fit into that.
We offer a challenging, collaborative work environment, competitive benefits, and a good work-life balance.
Get in the game with WCLC; apply today!