Company Details: AME Learning Inc. (“AME”) is a leader in providing specialized accounting and financial literacy education in higher education and business environments. Over 80 Universities and Community Colleges in Canada and the U.S. support instruction with AME’s innovative blended learning packages and patented online Accounting Map™ Tutorials. www.amelearning.com
Role Description: Do you speak accounting? We’re looking for a new Accounting Content Developer who will work with authors, accounting instructors and professors, and AME’s internal cross functional team to develop resources for higher education students. In this role, you will create, write and edit accounting academic course materials for the AME Engage cloud learning environment and blending learning packages. You will have an opportunity to apply your accounting knowledge, instructional design, project management and interactive media skills in a dynamic, team-oriented, business environment.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Draft and edit accounting textbook and other learning materials.
- Create workbook exercise questions, assignments and case studies.
- Create exam bank questions in MS Excel.
- Develop eLearning course curriculum such as lesson plans.
- Improve existing materials based on instructor and students’ feedback.
- Effectively communicate with instructors through email and phone to train them on how to use the online homework manager.
- Manage and fulfill instructors’ exam requirements throughout the semester.
- Write storylines for the AME Accounting Map™ online tutorials; compile graphics and animation in MS PPT.
- Research the latest accounting standards and apply to existing and new course materials.
- Work with the programmers to edit online course materials.
- Manage various editorial and online projects as they become available.
- Provide guidance and direction to other team members as in-house Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Strong knowledge of accounting subject matter: accounting degree or CPA designation preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to clearly communicate accounting concepts to non-accounting audiences.
- Some experience with eLearning software such as Moodle is a definite asset
- Very creative and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Work well independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment
Applicants: Please submit application with cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants who choose to apply; however, only those selected will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)