Christmas Kettle Coordinator
Foothills Church & Community Ministries
Temporary – November 4, 2019 to January 10, 2020
40 hrs/wk Flexible Scheduling
September 17, 2019
119 Centre St
High River, AB
October 25, 2019
Applications Accepted By:
In Person: 119 Centre St, High River, AB
Attention: Debbie Kowalyk
Please no phone calls
The Salvation Army Thrift Store
PO Box 5430
High River, AB
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Recruit, train, direct and work alongside volunteers and paid kettle workers
- Receive online training and become proficient in using Kettle System software
- Schedule volunteers ensuring all kettle locations are covered daily and respond to emergency absences, etc.
- Contact churches, businesses and other organizations to fill volunteer spots on kettles
- Keep accurate records using the Kettle System
- Ensure kettle locations are kept well-stocked with supplies (i.e. literature, giveaways, etc)
- Responsible for arranging delivery and pick-up kettles to/from sites daily, ensuring the security of donations
- Assist in counting the kettle income daily
- Represent The Salvation Army in a positive, professional manner
- Post campaign; retrieve all equipment/supplies from various kettle locations
- Prepare and send out thank you letters to various groups
- Perform other position related duties as required by Director of Community Ministries
The successful candidate must:
- Understand and support the Mission of The Salvation Army
- Ability to represent the local Salvation Army
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in office administration/office equipment – computer, copier/fax machine
- Computer skills in word processing and spread sheets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivation and able to work with minimal supervision
- Obtain mandatory Criminal Police Investigation Check (CPIC) with vulnerable sector check
- Posses a valid Driver’s Licence and provides Driver’s Abstract
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Type: Temporary