There’s nothing that gets you fired up more than making something awesome. Whether it’s painting a picture with words or telling a story in pictures, you know the best way to engage an audience on every platform and cringe every time you see an Instagram post lazily pushed to Facebook.
LMNO, Saskatchewan’s biggest advertising/communications consultancy, is on the hunt for a Content Writer/Creator to help round out our talented creative team. Whether the position is full-time, contract or freelance, we’re open to hearing how you’d like to work. We’ve got an inspiring, open work environment, excellent salary and benefits and, most of all, great people.
Who you are
- First and foremost, you’ve got mad writing skills. Ideally, you can capture and edit great photos and compelling video, too.
- Highly creative, conceptual thinker, but with the ability to use data-based insights to create engaging material.
- Detail-oriented and thrive working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to ask for the right information and adapt to feedback from the team and client.
- Pro-active, people-oriented go-getter.
- Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
What you’ll do
- Brainstorm content ideas for a variety of products, services and messages.
- Hands-on crafting of powerful content for multiple online media with words and pictures.
- Shoot/film and/or direct video content (in-house tools such as DSLRs, lighting, etc.)
- Stay up to date with cultural and social trends in order to jump on creative opportunities.
What you’ve got
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience writing professionally for social media and creating and/or directing video content.
- A number of pieces that demonstrate your street cred, noting what role you played in developing it (wrote vs directed vs shot, etc.).
- Some skills in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop would be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, and blogging platforms and what content works best where.
Please submit your résumé and at least five writing and work samples to Drew Sebesteny by Monday, April 22, 2019. Please include Content Writer/Creator in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We can’t wait to meet you.
Job Type: Full-time