We are hiring Education Assistants! Saanich Schools (SD 63) is looking for dynamic and caring individuals to join our team to fill continuing, temporary and casual Education Assistant positions.
Education Assistants work in a collaborative team environment, receiving direction from teachers and reporting to School Administrators. Education Assistants participate in the implementation of the educational, emotional, social and physical programs for students as outlined in the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
The required qualifications for Education Assistant positions include; completion of a Post-Secondary Special Education Assistant Program (or related studies) from an accredited institution along with 1 year of experience working with children and youth with developmental delays as well as;
- Ability to work effectively with a full range of students, including students with developmental delays.
- Ability to use patience, tolerance and understanding in developing and maintaining rapport with students and in resolving problems or conflicts that may arise.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, administrators and outside agencies.
- Ability to provide personal care and perform physical activities such as lifts and transfers and assisting students in a variety of activities in the school and community.
Saanich Schools (School District 63) welcomes applications for the role of;
- On-Call (casual), Temporary and Continuing Education Assistants (Job 51).
- Term Positions working September to June each year while students are in session.
- Job 51 EA Salary = $25.32/hr (continuing) or $24.07/hr (casual/temporary)
- Plus a Comprehensive Benefits Package for continuing staff (and temporary staff who reach 630 hours) including; MSP (100%), Extended Health (100%), Dental (80%), Group Life Insurance (100%) premiums paid by SD 63 and a Municipal Pension Plan, Vacation and Paid Sick Leave
- Hours of Work: 5.5 hrs/day to 5.73 hrs/day (10 months/year while students are in session)
- Location: School Site TBA
Please submit a recent resume along with proof (certificate/diploma and transcripts) of formal postsecondary training as an Education Assistant, a current First Aid Certificate and contact information for two supervisors as professional references. Please include in the subject line; “EA Application.”
Reference ID: On-Call EA Feb 2021
Part-time hours: 27.5 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $24.07 per hour