At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Responsible for providing superior customer service by designing kitchens using computer-aided drafting 20/20 software.
From specifications provided by Kitchen Sales Specialist, prepare detailed design to meet customer needs. Create interior spaces that reflect customers’ needs and tastes. When necessary, follow-up with store Sales Specialist for any information necessary to complete design project. Cross training with role of Kitchen Sales Specialist may be required.
- Complete a minimum of three to four 20/20 designs per day, ensuring they are accurate as the store specialist has requested but also follow NKBA guidelines & Canada Building Code requirements
- Be able to multi-task, working on quick revisions while doing other tasks
- Time management skills to ensure requests are returned when required
- Requires a high working knowledge of 20/20 version 11 design program, NKBA standards, Canada Building Code and spatial awareness
- Liaise with 2020CDO associates when problems arise to find solutions
- Professional manner to converse orally & in writing with store specialist, ASMs, FSMs and others daily
- Responsible for wearing appropriate attire and will be well groomed at all times.
- Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct, discipline and discharge procedures contained in the New Employee Orientation Guide and Employment Package, Store Operations Policy Procedure Manual, Human Resource Management Guide, Code of Ethics, Merchandise Maintenance programs, and Safety programs.
- Must meet all PPA, PDP, or STAR review standards applicable to job.
- Must be able to perform the job responsibilities, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The qualifications we are looking for
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
- Read, write and communicate using English language enough to perform job functions
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and the role of the employee in achieving them.
- Experience with design using 20/20 software preferred
- Previous Interior Design or any other Design or Construction course an asset
- 3+ years previous Kitchen/Bath experience an asset
- Maintains expertise on all appropriate computers systems and vendor catalogues as required for designs
- Ability to multitask many drawings at one time, excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Ability to lead, demonstrate and coach effective design techniques within the centralized 20/20 team
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Lowe’s Canada locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, stock purchase plan, student incentive program, etc.
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.