FFUN Group has an opening for a Corporate Controller at our Head office. Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for all financial reporting, tax compliance and payroll for the group. The Corporate Controller will lead a team of three finance professionals to accomplish these goals.
- Perform financial analysis on corporate companies, divisions and individual dealerships, including financial performance, KPIs, balance sheet efficiency and cash flow analysis
- Report, discuss and provide insight into financial results with the CFO in preparation for monthly financial reviews
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Prepare financial statements, borrowing base and covenant calculations for lenders on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Perform financial analysis on reporting (both corporate and divisional reporting) including KPI analysis, trend analysis, comparisons to budgets/prior year, return analysis
- Prepare working paper files for external accountants.
- Corporate controller will report all errors, anomalies or unusual trends to the CFO, accompanied with a resolution plan if applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring that the group is compliant with tax and payroll legislation and updating dealership controllers of any relevant changes
- Responsible for ensuring the group makes timely and compliant tax filings (local, provincial and federal)
- Project manage the year end audit process for the group and is responsible for preparing audit paperwork for all corporate companies
- Identify and put into place both preventative and detective internal controls and monitor regularly, identifying concerns and issues as they arise.
- Ensure the safeguarding of company assets including but not limited to cash, inventories and capital assets.
Coaching and Developing:
- Coaching and developing accounting team to grow skill sets and to overcome challenges
- Supervise, and provide guidance, direction and feedback to all accounting personnel.
Assisting the Group
- The corporate controller is expected to work with controllers and operations management across the group in a collaborative manner in order to achieve common objectives
- Provide financial support, analysis and interpretation to dealership management teams.
- Ad hoc projects including assistance with acquisitions, including providing required reporting to outside stakeholders.
- Provide support to newly acquired business units to ensure a smooth acclimation to the organization environment.
- Five years of progressive financial and accounting experience
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and financial management within a car dealership environment is an asset
- 2 to 5 years of accounting experience in a complex environment.
- High level of accuracy and analytical ability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and accounting software programs.
- Motivated to succeed, dependable, and resourceful.
- Accounting Designation required.
- Valid Saskatchewan Drivers License
- Some travel required
We bring FFUN to life. At FFUN we recognize that life is short and that it goes by in the blink of an eye. We can help people make the most of their lives by having fun, at any age. We offer great career opportunities, excellent pay programs, terrific benefits, corporate support, training and an amazing culture defined by our core values: Driven to Grow, Team Player, FFUN Attitude and Down to Earth.
If you are looking to join a company that values integrity, good work ethic and a strong sense of teamwork, apply with FFUN Group today!
Visit www.ffun.com/careersto apply online and find out more about our company.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's License (Required)
- English (Required)