Reporting to the Supervisor, Adult Day Programs, and under the guidance of the Team Leader, works as a member of a team to assist with the planning, facilitation, evaluation and documentation of social and recreational programs for clients attending the Adult Day Program; providing and assisting clients with activities of daily living (ADL’s) to maximize their health, well-being and independence.
- Supports the delivery of the activities associated with recreation programs that meet the client needs in accordance with program policies, procedures and practices.
- Assists with the planning of the programs by providing inputs in development of all recreational, social and exercise programs including providing input into monthly calendar and completing program plans for all group and individual programs.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living (ADL’s), including serving meals and snacks, medication reminders, washroom, personal care and mobility assistance. .
- Completes all essential documentation thoroughly and within time requirements, including but not limited to, Progress Notes, Incident Reporting, Attendance Records, Program Plan and Program Evaluation.
- Reports any concerns brought forward by the client/caregiver or related to safety to the Team Leader or Supervisor in a timely manner for follow-up.
- Assist with maintaining all public health standards and inspections documents including temperature record keeping.
- Maintains effective communication with the team (staff, volunteers, clients, caregivers and community resources).
- Ensures that services provided to internal and external clients, customers meet Regional customer service standards.
- Participates in education opportunities, as appropriate.
- Participates in Health and Safety training to maintain safety standards and practices.
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a community Adult Day Program, or in similar community service agency setting for seniors, or related field.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- Knowledge of gerontology, the aging process and dementia programming needs.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Demonstrate strong computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work within a diverse community and ability to deal empathetically with clients, caregivers etc., to contribute to their well-being.
- Ability to complete written and electronic documentation in order to maintain accurate client records.
- Ability to successfully attend and obtain a Food Handling Certificate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by December 31, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.