The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for developing public relations strategy and plans, and organizing and executing comprehensive PR strategies to increase brand exposure and drive sales. This individual will manage and coordinate consumer initiatives and research opportunities in media that reach our target customers.
- Identifies and develops targeted opportunities for event planning and implements them as part of the overall marketing strategy:
- Captures key merchandising and marketing messages and determines which messages are relevant and news worthy.
- Develops annual PR plans & strategies in support of divisional objectives, including: sponsorships programs, contests, media relations and other events.
- Partners with PR agency in the execution of their assigned mandates.
- Plans and develops press releases and media tours in collaboration with agency.
- Captures/Receives merchandising key messages (trends, key produocts, looks) and edits and translates them into newsworthy strategies that will capture interest of target audiences (fashion editors) and generate coverage. Works with the Marketing team to ensure timely execution of all materials.
- Tracks results of PR initiatives and makes recommendations and modifications accordingly.
- Defines a long-term media relations plan and prioritizes based on exposure and brand fit.
- Builds, develops & maintains relations with Fashion Editors, Stylists and other key
contacts to identify Public Relation/Brand placement opportunities in multiple channels to
- Targets opportunities in medias that reach our target customers, such as select print media, lifestyle media, product placement /sponsorships on key television/radio shows, and special external PR Events to generate exposure to build brand awareness, drive traffic and increase sales
- Recommends annual PR/Media Relations and Store Opening budgets and controls throughout year.
- Filters all sponsorship, co-promotions and media requests:
- Watch competition, social media activities, feel the market, address any issues, big news or crisis situation to the PRT manager
- Prepares media tools (newsletter, lookbooks, previews, press kit seasonal events, etc)
- University degree in Administration, communications, Fashion, Marketing or other pertinent field.
- Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint
- Minimum of 3-5 years Project Management experience (i.e. Public Relations, Major Event Planning, Promotional/Contest Coordination, Co-promotions/strategic partnerships)
- Fashion Experience a definite plus. Retail experience and asset
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.