Sportlogiq a computer vision technology company that provides advanced sports analytics to broadcast media and professional teams. Our player tracking and activity recognition algorithms generate detailed game statistics using standard, single-camera game footage. We’re transforming and driving the change of sports analytics through the use of AI.
As a Data Visualization Specialist, you’ll be part of the Product Design team whose mission is to ensure that humans stay at the center of the future of sports analytics. As our Data Visualization Specialist you'll be responsible for setting the highest standards for creatively presenting data accurately and legibly across all of our products and services.
You're opinionated about how to convey a message with data and can collaborate creatively with multiple teams. You're comfortable diving into data to uncover insights and enjoy exploring innovative ways of telling a story with data.
In the first 3 months you'll:
- Familiarize yourself with Sportlogiq's rich data set
- Establish conventions for data visualization across the company for different contexts, that empowers designers, marketers and developers to build better data visualizations
- Work to develop our standard for interactive data visualization interfaces alongside product and user experience designers
- Ideate new ways of visually telling stories using data by working with the media and creative team
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with data analysts, the product team and the media team to ideate, guide and build data visualizations
- Work with the data team to develop intuitive and attractive static and interactive data visualizations
- Establish data visualization standards and periodically raise those standards
What you’ll need:
- Experience visualizing high dimensional spatio-temporal datasets.
- Experience working on data-driven storytelling projects is a plus
- Knowledge of advanced sports analytics a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take large data sets and translate them in a way that is engaging and easily absorbed for the web and/or other media
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3.js, plotly.js, bokeh.js, Deck.gl, Luma.gl
- An eye for layout and design that demonstrates an understanding of what looks good and displays a clear message or idea
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Bonus structure and employees stock options
- Comprehensive benefits program
- A cooperative and fun work environment
- Dog friendly office
- An endless coffee, tea and candy bar!
Job Type: Full-time