About the Company
Created in 1989, SCALIAN is a leading multinational engineering consultancy firm specialized in Digital Systems and Operation Performance.Our expertise serves various technological sectors; aerospace, defense, railway, energy, healthcare, banking, IOT and the manufacturing industry, providing distinctive support to their development and operations. SCALIAN works with top companies where our collaborators play a critical role on some of the most challenging projects out there. This guarantees that our team is constantly expanding their expertise and knowledge horizon meanwhile supporting some of the best companies in the world.
As Canada has recently become a major hub for technology, Scalian has exported its know-how across the Atlantic. Since its creation in 2014, the Canadian subsidiary has experienced rapid growth and created strong relationships with its customers while constantly growing its client portfolio. In order to continue this beautiful success story, Scalian Canada is looking for new talents who wish to actively participate in spreading our value and expertise
- Design and develop mechanical subsystems for Medical Simulator family of products.
- Develop new products and sustain existing products through design improvements and defect correction.
- Conduct core Research and Development.
- Assess non-conforming material
- Build prototypes for testing and evaluation
- Project management; Control cost and schedule in all development projects.
- Execute complex designs while leading a small project team.
- Communicate status of all responsible projects both in writing and verbally.
- Performs all duties in complete compliance with all legal & ethical standards.
- Maintains security of proprietary information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment & necessity dictates.
- Work in a team environment to design mechanical elements for simulators including the haptics support, surgical cart development (metal and plastic) as well as simulator development.
- Conceptual and detail modeling as well as the creation of fabrication, assembly and installation drawings for new products and updates.
- Present conceptual and detail designs at project milestone design reviews.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and troubleshooting of prototypes.
- Integration and installation support.
- Suggest and implement product improvement ideas.
- Manage component life cycle and specify equivalent replacement parts
- Develop detailed product test plans for design qualification and final acceptance testing
- Employ standard geometric dimensioning and tolerancing practices in creating and reviewing part and assembly prints
- Provide support to designers, other engineering groups, suppliers and other departments
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with ability to coordinate design tasks.
- Manage multiple tasks to ensure timely fulfillment of project objectives and deliverables
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required
Education & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in high reliability product development preferably with bio-medical products.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD Software, in a PDM or PLM environment.
- Experience with all aspects of Configuration Management including the engineering change process, change control board, drawing formatting/release, part number creation, part revision sequence and bills of material
- Complete understanding of Quality principles (ISO-9000 or equivalent standards).
- Technical knowledge in a broad set of design disciplines.
- Proficiency with large assembly management, and surface design techniques is an asset.
- Knowledge of mechanisms design
- Knowledge of sheetmetal assembly design.
- Knowledge of composite materials and plastics.
- Knowledge of shop practices including molding, welding, riveting, machining and bonding.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical design best practices
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical sensors and actuators
- Knowledge of mechanical systems analysis including component and assembly statics and thermals
- Knowledge of pneumatic and fluid systems
- Knowledge of thermal management and heat rejection
- Knowledge of robotics or animatronics
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Extended health care
- Mutuelle optique
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent