Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
Are you passionate about getting high-quality data into the hands of business leaders? Does test automation make you excited to get up in the morning?
We’re looking for a Data QA Analyst based in Burnaby, BC.
In this role you will:
- Develop & Execute Test Cases and document results for data-oriented solutions (EDW, Data Lake, etc) including presentation layers (SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, etc)
- Develop automated test scripts
- Participate in work planning including calculation of testing estimates
- Lead the development, establishment, and enforcement of quality assurance processes, measures, and testing standards, providing QA expertise and support to developers and other QAs on team
Here’s What You Bring
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of quality assurance experience in a data-oriented environment, including direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Experience working directly with relational databases and SQL, including the ability to write queries to validate data accuracy and quality.
- SQL Server experience would be an asset.
- Tableau experience an asset
What We Offer:
- Base salary + paid overtime
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development, and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site, LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros.Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. FinancialServices. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- QA Automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL Server: 1 year (Required)
- Data QA Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- QA analyst: 3 years (Required)