SoccerX - Canada's Largest Soccer Distributor
We are growing again, and have need of a Full-time Receiver to add to our team. This is a fast paced role, where care and attention to detail are paramount. Along with the normal duties of receiving, counting and restocking of inventory, you may be dealing with internal and external customers, sales reps and other warehouse personnel. This role will also directly interact and provide ongoing support to our picking, inventory control, production, QC and packing activities.
So, if you like to work hard, desire to keep the end customer happy, feel like you are contributing to the benefit of a growing company, and can deal with (sometimes) challenging requests, I would like to hear from you.
What you will do: Under the supervision and direction of the department Senior Receiver, the successful candidate will verify the right quantity, of the right product, is received against the right Purchase Orders. Working in conjunction with the Inventory Control staff (and other warehouse teams) to ensure that product is clearly marked and staged for proper put away.
An independent spirit is beneficial, as although working as part of a team, you will be executing your duties independently.
Depending on what arrives, you will be responsible for investigating the order (in NetSuite), ascertaining the correct response to vendor errors and returns, and communicating with other teams to get dispensation (sometimes within a deadline).
You will receive in-house training, but previous warehouse experience is strongly recommended; receiving experience an added bonus.
- Organize inbound shipments for receipt
- Organize inbound customer returns for receipt
- Count and scan all incoming shipments and transfers
- Label and consolidate inventory for storage.
- Support on general warehouse maintenance and presentation including inventory replenishment and restocking.
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Excellent counting skills, and detail focused
- Support and perform audits during inventory counts.
- Encourage and maintain a safe work environment.
- Keep warehouse neat and organized at all times.
- May have to do some light lifting of product and materials from time to time (approx. 20 – 50 lbs.)
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer literate – MS Office, etc. NetSuite knowledge a bonus.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and email.
- A strong communicator; fluent in English, effective both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- Flexible: able to handle frequent interruption and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to ensure customer delivery timelines are met.
- Solid working knowledge with Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Basic knowledge of NetSuite considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter; able to multi-task, with a strong work ethic.
- Physically fit and capable to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on a concrete floor for extended periods, push, pull, reach, bend, and twist throughout the day.
- Positive attitude, punctual, and reliable.
- Maintain a safe work environment, and warehouse cleanliness.
- Knowledge of safety procedures in a warehouse environment considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the sporting goods and sports apparel industry would be an asset.
What makes you great?
- As a member of a team, the ability to communicate clearly and objectively is vital to the success of the team.
- Strong organisational skills are required in these positions, as there will always be multiple tasks to coordinate and prioritise.
- This position require responsive problem-solving skills.
- Open to learn from everybody in the organisation.
- Accessible to all levels of the organisation.
- Likes to work hard and have fun while doing it.
Don't just send your resume...
Want to make my short list? Don't just send your resume; I don't want a "cover letter" either, forget all that formal stuff. I want to know what makes you special? Why do you want to work for us? Do you love soccer? Do you have previous (related) experience? Take the time to type out a few sentences to sell "YOU" (not just your skills). I am not your normal boss (I care about my people, and want to have fun at work), I don't want just a normal person - Risk, shine in your application, and I promise I will get back to you.
Oh, take the "Attention to Detail" test too. I attached it there for a reason.
About the company: Soccer Express has proudly been serving customers for over 27 years. A Canadian company established in Coquitlam, British Columbia, our company vision and our motto of "soccer product on time every time" denotes our commitment of delivering the world's soccer community the most up to date and innovative soccer ideas and products on the market. Our team has over 40 combined years of learning and our continued passion to both the game and the business of soccer ensures that each and every interaction with our company is informative and enjoyable. It is what we at the company refer to as the "SX difference". We respect and love "the beautiful game" as much as you do and want you to look and perform your best on or off the pitch. Whether it's supporting your favourite team, playing, coaching, refereeing or administrating, Soccer Express understands and wants to help. We hope you enjoy and value your experiences with our company. Our dedicated and experienced team of soccer professionals looks forward to hearing from you.
Application deadline: 2021-08-07
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.20-$16.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep all employees safe, staff are required to do a daily health survey, sanitize before entering the facility and wear masks while indoors.
- Warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift License (preferred)
- 1st Aid Certificate (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)