Seaspan Shipyards is proud to be Canada’s long-term, strategic shipbuilding partner for the Canadian Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy. As a direct result of this work, while creating jobs and rebuilding our domestic shipbuilding industry, Seaspan Shipyards is delivering on the promise of ships built in Canada, by Canadians.
Vancouver Shipyards, based in North Vancouver, has a very busy and exciting year ahead, as we continue to make progress on two 174m long Joint Support Ships (JSS) for the Royal Canadian Navy – the largest ships ever built in Canada! We are also constructing an Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel (OOSV) for the Canadian Coast Guard, and have secured significant contracts to design and build a Polar Icebreaker and several Multi-Purpose Vessels. These projects will bring long-term job stability for many years to come.
Now is the best time to be part of Canada’s shipbuilding industry! Join us and be part of the regeneration of the shipbuilding tradition and become a member of a talented, diverse team that is forging a bright future for Canadian shipbuilding at one of the most modern shipyards in North America.
Please send us your resume today!
All candidates must show proof of:
- Millwright, Mechanic or Heavy-Duty Mechanic Certificate of Qualification with Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement; or a Recognized Equivalent Provincial Trades Qualification; or a Recognized Equivalent International Trade Qualification
- Minimum of 30 Months Documented Mechanical Experience
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Shipbuilding experience in a new construction shipyard preferred
- Comprehend and follow written and spoken directions and work in a safe & efficient manner
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language
- Ability to work in a team environment or individually with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency with alignment, rigging, layout, and a variety of hand tooling
- Must be able to work in a construction environment involving confined spaces, working at heights, physical labour, and various weather conditions
- Must be able to be qualified to wear a respirator
On offer to you:
Seaspan is a progressive employer with a collaborative culture that supports health, safety, and diversity. Dispatch for this position will be managed through the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers - Local 692 and union membership will be required upon hire. Together we can provide you with a rewarding and challenging long-term career building state-of-the-art ships, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in future opportunities, please apply online today.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
By applying, you agree that Seaspan may share your resume with our Union partner, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers - Local 692
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $47.42 per hour