*Who Are we: **
We are lovers of style, design and eating well. It’s from this love that the inspiration for the café at Thirty Six knots was born. Offering a unique sanctuary from the bustling city, the multi-space café fuses a striking and clean aesthetic with the feel of a stylish home. We have created an environment where our guests can be relaxed and inspired in an immersive and innovative café and retail space
We are looking for someone who loves engaging in conversation and meeting new people. An enthusiastic sales driven professional who can represent our brand.
The Retail Sales Specialist is responsible for staying current on all industry trends and employing this knowledge when serving guests with friendly, individualized attention towards each guest.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First point of contact between customers/clients, welcomes everyone into the store by acknowledging their presence.
- Provide a refined customer service experience and ability to develop long-term customer/client relationships.
- Aid customers/clients in product explanation, detailing or with custom item consultations, conforming to luxury sales standards.
- Ask open ended questions about customer's projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise
- Ability to multitask
- Execute sales transactions with utmost professionalism, efficacy and attention to detail.
- Communicate with team members and management to fulfill orders that cannot be completed same-day.
- Maintain the cleanliness, neatness and order of sales floor.
- Assist visual merchandiser in changing the sales floor with seasonal vignettes, new product featuring, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members to create a cohesive and respectful work environment.
- Perform monthly Inventory Count of store items and reconcile with management to accurately reflect product counts.
- All other duties as assigned.
*SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS*
- Degree or Diploma in Interior Design is preferred at priority, Business/ Marketing will also be considered
- 2+ years in retail sales (luxury sales an asset), Home décor and furnishing accessories is preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift upwards of 50lbs overhead.
- Ability to reach sales targets and maintain customer/client relationships.
- Candidates should be comfortable lifting merchandise to organize for customer pick up
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Outgoing, engaging personality
- Passion for people and people development
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high personal drive
Term: Full-time hourly
Hours: 40 hours per week (7 days a week rotational 2 day off)
Type: On-site (1212 Yonge St. downtown)
Pay rate: 35K-38K
Why joins us: *
Thirty six Knots recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of our company is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with Thirty six Knots.
We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
*We have COVID-19 Work Safe Plan in operation and extra measures in place to ensure the safety and well being of our retail employees and patrons *
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: Thirty six Knots is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Thirty six Knots encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- No weekends