Interested in joining a private family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role Purpose: The dispatcher’s responsibility is to route, schedule drivers for pick-ups and deliveries to customers and vendors of Maple Lodge Farms. Dispatchers also act as after-hour liaisons for internal Maple Lodge Farms departments where support is required.
Shift: Monday – Friday 10:00 pm – 6:00am
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Schedule drivers to pick up or deliver loads to customers or vendors.
- Responsible for keeping records and answering internal / external phone calls.
- Administer after-hour customer service requests numbers.
- Sign off on Driver Transportation Security Sheets.
- Monitor fleet movement and operations through the Day.
- Support compliance of Incident Investigations.
- Monitor drivers’ hours of service and availability of equipment.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved department specific processes, policies and procedures.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of dispatch experience
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety & quality.
- Problem identification and solving capabilities with the ability to work under pressure in a fast- paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail (accuracy)
- General computer skills (e.g. MS Office)
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Supply Chain, Business Administration or equivalent is an asset
- Certification or designation in Supply Chain Management (i.e. CSCMP) is an asset.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- transportation: 1 year (Preferred)
- dispatch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Brampton, ON (Preferred)