The Care Group (“TCG”) offers high quality residential care services to complex care clients in seven homes throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Based in Coquitlam, we are a privately owned and operated assisted living and complex care provider that offers both subsidized and private pay care. TCG is a fast-growing company with great opportunities for motivated team members.
Our Vision: To provide our residents with excellent care and quality of life
Our Mission: To deliver person centered and best practice care in a respectful, caring and responsible manner by working together with our residents, their primary care givers, families, community partners, and local health authorities.
Our Values: We believe our residents deserve excellence in care and we strive to achieve this by working as a team towards our common goal – a happy and healthy resident. We place the highest value on providing:
1. Respect for the individual and his/her rights
2. Quality of life and environment
3. Independence and choice
4. Collaboration with family and caregivers
5. Accountability and integrity
6. Development and support of great caregivers and team members
We are looking for Dining Room Attendant to join our The Gardens at Qualicum Beach team in Qualicum Beach, B.C.
Wage $17.77; during the Covid-19 pandemic the rate of pay is $20.56 (temporary, wage leveled incentive)
Benefits: in accordance to union collective agreement
Shifts: varies, on-call
- Responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room, lounges, and tray delivery to and pick up from suites. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, special events and room service etc. through table/tray presentation; delivery and pick up of trays from resident suites; preparation and service of food, beverages, and accompaniments
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of food under the direction of cook or designate
- Carries out general cleaning duties and routines, including clean up and setting of tables and the cleaning of the preparation and service areas; scrapes and stacks/racks dishes and when required returns them to storage.
- Practices and maintains established standards for proper cleanliness and sanitation required by the Health Department.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the happiness, self-respect, general dignity and physical safety of each tenant.
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, tenants and the public.
- Grade 10 or equivalent.
- “Food Safe” Certificate.
- “Serving it Right” Certificate preferred.
- One - Two years experience in a dining room environment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy and patience when working with staff and tenants.
- A good command of the English language, both oral and written skills.
- Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, but complete duties in a timely fashion
- Willing to be an active team member in the workplace i.e: union meetings, Occupational Health and Safety, Infection Control.
Retirement Living in Qualicum Beach includes independent,assisted living and residential care. The Gardens at Qualicum Beach is retirement living the picturesque beauty of Qualicum Beach, surrounded by colourful gardens, a lagoon and in the heart of town with shopping, golfing, dining and beaches nearby. As a premier residence, we provide three levels of care for seniors of all walks of life, from independent living to complex care. We are dedicated to our “resident-focused” philosophy and we strive to make you feel at home. With our personalized care and support, we have created a loving a caring environment for all who enter through our doors.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $20.56 per hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Required)