Sofina Foods is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products in Canada and Europe. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher’s, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam in Canada; and Youngs, Greenland and Karro’s in UK. We are also the exclusive Canadian distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza products and Kicking Horse Coffee in Canada.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources Operations and based in Calgary or Edmonton, the Director, Human Resources Operations leads all aspects of the HR Operations function for multiple operations in Western Canada (i.e. Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan). This hands-on Director will guide a team of six HR professionals with an emphasis on partnering with operations to ensure they deliver value-added results to the business. The Director will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in developing employee and labour relations solutions to contribute to the plant’s success.
- Provide HR leadership and expertise to the plant teams in relation to all people matters in support of their operational goals. This includes recruiting, retention, disability management, people development and succession planning.
- Act with a high sense of urgency while always being responsive and nimble to address the plants’ needs.
- Develop an innovative approach to employee and labour relations with the goal of maintaining trusted relationships with leaders, employees and unions and supporting issue resolution.
- Continuously raise the bar through functional process improvements and other valued added initiatives in support of plant success.
- Support a team of HR professionals on technical and strategic people matters while continuing to develop the teams’ skills through targeted coaching and mentoring in support of employee development and growth.
- Develop strong partnerships and act as a trusted advisor with Operations leaders, HR team and other support functions at the plants.
- Post-secondaryeducation including a university degree in HR Management.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant HR management experience.
- Demonstrated success working in a multi-facility unionized manufacturing environment driving alignment and high performing teams.
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of collective agreement interpretation and administration, labour relations and grievance practices and procedures, labour law and employment-related legislation.
- Relationship Builder with the ability to foster excellent relationships and to influence decision making at all levels.
- Strong management and leadership skills; a proven collaborator and influencer with a service orientated approach.
- Ability to effectively work with and support employees at all levels.
- Travel to operational sites is required