Thank you for checking out our careers at Ribbit. For more information about our recruiting process, be sure to check our Careers page. We look forward to speaking with you!
Note: We read everything that comes our way. Let your outstanding résumé (cover letter and design portfolio optional) do the talking. For important questions or comments, contact us at email@example.com.
Ribbit is a VC-backed startup creating the world's first pilot-less airline. We are building an autonomous technology stack that will perform full gate-to-gate operations including taxiing, takeoffs, landings, and in-flight maneuvers. We plan to retrofit and operate fleets of self-flying aircraft to deliver cargo, starting with remote areas around the world. And in the future, we'll expand to cargo and passenger travel at large. Our mission is to help people access the products, people, and places they love. We achieve this mission through the persistent pursuit of better transportation.
Since incorporating in 2020, we've modified a two-seater airplane as our development testbed, conducting over 160 hours of flights. Here are videos of our airplane performing fully automated circuits and taxi missions. We have signed 6 enterprise customers representing $41M per year in future revenues. Our team has years of experience with piloting, developing long-range drones, and developing autonomous mobile robots—we're concentrating the world's best software, robotics, and aeronautical expertise to create the future of autonomous flight.
As a Junior or Mid-Level Software Test Engineer, you will collaborate with peers to:
- Test, fix, and deploy software for Level 4/5 autonomous aircraft
- Influence overall system architecture and software development practices
- Contribute to other technical areas and grow your skills
- Work hard, support your teammates, have fun, and change the world!
Your key objectives will include:
- Contribute to architecting the next major design iteration of our autonomy stack
- Integrate and test various modules related to perception, state estimation, navigation, controls, fly-by-wire, and system safety
- Coordinate, plan, execute, and analyze data from simulations and flight tests
- Develop novel best practices for aeronautical software development that will set the standard for the future of autonomous flight
- Work with the team to conduct fully autonomous missions, including taxi, takeoff, collision avoidance, VFR circuits, and landing
- No. of Positions: 1
- Base Compensation: 100K to 120K per year (Junior), 120K to 140K per year (Mid-Level)
- Duration: Permanent Full-Time, starting September/October 2022
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work where possible, but on-site presence during field tests
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation (e.g. stock options, credits for personal development, 3 weeks of vacation upon joining, comprehensive health and wellness plans — see our Careers page for more info)
As the ideal candidate, you have technical skills suited to a startup and meet the following requirements:
- Hold a university degree in a relevant area of engineering or computer science (e.g. EE/CE, robotics, aerospace, and/or autonomous vehicles)
- Experience developing and testing major software systems for autonomous vehicles, aircraft, commercial drones, or subsystems (e.g. autopilots, avionics buses, ADAS, vehicle prognostics) in a commercial context
- Experience developing C/C++ code for safety-critical systems
Preferred and bonus qualifications include:
- Experience with robotics middleware (e.g. ROS2, ROS), Git, Docker
- Experience with software development practices and supporting tools (e.g. JIRA, Agile)
- Experience from a startup, company, or research group working on AVs, drones, or other similar systems
- Experience with ARP4754A, ARP4761, ISO26262 or other civil aviation / automotive safety standards
- Experience with best practices for software verification and validation, configuration management, and quality assurance
You also possess the soft skills to work in a high-stakes, fast-paced, tight-knit startup, including but not limited to:
- Communication skills
- Openness to give and receive feedback
- Time management and adaptability
- Self-awareness, including knowing one's strengths and weaknesses
- Taking initiative to seek, define, and execute tasks with minimal guidance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$140,000.00 per year