We are looking for a Senior Fisheries Scientist to join our team of experienced and skilled professionals. This position is opened for the successful candidate to work out of any of our offices. We provide a supportive and engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration, and integrity, with the opportunity to learn and apply the latest scientific approaches, gain analytical skills, and realize your career potential. Our compensation plan is competitive and there are great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into an exceptional team of professionals dedicated to science-based, ethical environmental consulting, collaborating on fascinating and challenging assignments. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, planning and execution of ecological studies focused on fisheries and aquatic resources, but also including water quality, climate, and other environmental information.
- Summarizing and analyzing data to draw conclusions on environmental conditions, and using these results with inference to scientific literature to make defensible conclusions about the status of the environment and the potential effects of anticipated natural and anthropogenic influences.
- Documenting these results in written reports and presenting the results to clients, regulators, Indigenous groups and stakeholders as part of regulatory and/or approval processes.
- Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, taking the lead on specific tasks, taking direction on others, and collaborating with your colleagues to maximize work productivity and quality.
If you have the following qualifications and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in aquatic or fisheries science
- 5+ years of senior technical experience
- Consulting experience
- P. Bio or eligible
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, excellence, and ethics
- Effective analytical and technical writing skills, and ability to produce high quality reports and proposals
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic business with strict deadlines, budgets and quality standards
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
Job Type: Full-time