We are looking for a qualified Planning Supervisor who is well-versed in forecasting, procurement and production procedures considering all aspects of production timeliness, and effectiveness. They are organized and results-driven with great problem-solving skills who can maintain the demand and quality standards of our customers.
Advanced communication and computer skills are essential for this role.
- Lead a team of 6 in planning and procurement
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products / customers
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Assist to determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Assist to Schedule shifts according to production needs
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Keep paperwork organized
- Collaborate with Finance, QC, Logistics and other staff
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a business/accounting related program
- Degree in Business Administration Commerce or Accounting
- 3+ years’ work experience in manufacturing an asset
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven experience as production planner
- Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Provide support to analysts in cross-functional reporting and analysis
- Provide additional support and analysis on ad hoc management requests
- Strong business partnering skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize workload accordingly
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with management team and customers
- Strong proficiency in Excel and experience with SAP and Solar Soft is an asset
- Proficiency with - pivot tables, v-look ups
- Good at math and statistics
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Employees are occasionally exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and fragrances.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Production Planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- ERP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)