Busy Tool & Die shop requires CNC programmer/operator to setup and make one off components. We have mostly HAAS mills and lathes.
Applicants must be able to work legally in Canada.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Independently program and set up 3 axis milling machine (VF4) using Mastercam software
- Regular run quantity of 1 means detailed accurate setup knowledge required; dial in for edge find; one offs constantly
- Select tooling and set up methods to produce parts in the most efficient manner to the drawings.
- Analyzes SolidWorks models, drawings, sketches, and design data of parts to determine efficient machining strategy plan
- Revises program and technical drawings to eliminate errors and interpret technical drawings (CAD)
- Inspect and verify conformance to work order specifications
- Have experience with HAAS and/Mastercam is a must.
- 5+ Years of CNC machining (milling)
- Experience working with a wide range of materials and parts sizes
- Ability to work with tight tolerances
- Experience with tool and die making is an asset
- Strong knowledge of GD&T's
- Extremely organized, adopt safe, and tidy working habits and with a high level of workmanship
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and with minimal supervision
- Sound knowledge of the industry standard machine shop practices
- Ability to prioritize tasks and able to work well unsupervised.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Are looking for long term permanent employment
- Good verbal and written communication skills in the English language
This is a full time position with full benefits package after 3 months. Come join or team here in convenient Coquitlam.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$37.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- CNC milling and programming: 5 years (Required)