Do you have a passion for coffee and customer service? Are you looking for a fun filled role that will enhance your career and provide you with excellent training? We have an exciting opportunity for a Partner/Barista to join Soul Foods Group - Starbucks team in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Soul Foods Group of Companies is a family owned business, established in the UK but now with an established portfolio in Canada, comprising of three global brands, KFC, Starbucks and Taco Bell, totaling over 350 Restaurants.
Our Mission is,‘To make a difference to people’s lives, their opportunities and their communities through great tasting food and coffee. We do this byinspiring and nurturing the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.’
Our Baristas personally connect with, laugh with and uplift the lives of our customers. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made beverage; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer. They enjoy being able to achieve these aspirations autonomously, while representing a world class brand and Soul Foods Group.
NWT PNP Support (Terms and Conditions Apply*)
Partner/Barista main duties include:
· Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
· Discovers and responds to customer needs.
· Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
· Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
· Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
· Great communicator
· Follows Starbucks and Soul’s operational policies and procedures
· Maintains a clean and organized workspace.
· Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
· Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
The Ideal Partner/Barista:
· Ability to create a genuine moment of connection with our customers - making a difference in their day by discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication.
· Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
· Contributes to a positive team culture.
· Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments.
· Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission.
· Understands the importance of meeting store goals.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
· No previous experience required
· Excellent communication (oral and written).
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Basic business, math and accounting skills.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in Canada for the occupation applying for, and documentation that supports this.
Soul Foods Group is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 15-35 per week
Salary: Up to $18.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person