Beneco Packaging/SoOPAK.coma fast-growing manufacturer of folding cartons, located in Mississauga & Scarborough. We have a Brand New Sheeter and are looking for Operating Crews.
SHEETER OPERATOR POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing and running sheeting equipment safely and efficiently, while producing a quality product.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Operates the Sheeter to cut roll stock to required sheet size;
- Set up the machine from roll stand to delivery;
- Ensure that correct sheet length is logged in and verified prior to start-up;
- Remove cut loads from machine and place in staging/sheeted WIP area;
- Optimize run speed throughout the shift and during each job change;
- Run machine at or above standard average speed;
- Empty waste bins and keep machine area clean;
- Ensure that paper is not piled under the knife blade at the end of shift;
- Ensure that all daily reports, housekeeping, and checklists are completed accordingly for your shift;
- Adjusts machines and ensures that all mechanical parts are running smoothly;
- Fixes and cleans all machines (Preventive maintenance and other general repairs).
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as a Sheeter Operator or related equipment is a distinct advantage;
- Ability to operate roll clamp truck and associated lift trucks is an advantage (licensed).
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High school degree or GED (preferred);
- Math and computer skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scarborough, ON (Preferred)