Composite Power Group Inc. is a small business in ENERGY\_UTILITIES in Calgary, AB. We are customer-centric, autonomous, and collaborative, and our goal is to provide technically competent, hands-on local representation for industry leading manufacturers in the high voltage utility industry..
Our work environment includes:
Customer Service Representative
Composite Power Group Inc. has operated as an electrical utility sales representative for over 35 years. Our sales team takes the initiative to connect the suppliers in our portfolio with companies building the grid. We focus on the sale of equipment for high-voltage distribution lines, transmission lines, and substations, and we work with industry leading suppliers that are committed to innovation and to doing business in Canada.
We are a small company, but we have achieved a national presence, and we manage a large sales portfolio. We offer our team independence and autonomy in decision-making, to develop long-term, trust-based partnerships with our customers and suppliers.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, well organized, and highly motivated candidate who will help the company continue its growth by providing outstanding inside sales and customer service support.
We are offering this candidate the opportunity to join a dynamic team; to learn new products that are used in substations and on power transmission and distribution lines from 600 V to 765,000V; and to evolve in an environment where we value teamwork, respect, learning / training, trust, accountability, and unparalleled customer service.
Position: Full Time
Compensation: Compensation is a base salary plus enrollment in the company profit-sharing program.
Location: Alberta (Calgary preferred)
Office: The successful candidate will operate out of a home office (remote).
With the support of our manufacturing partners and other members of the Composite Power team:
- Build collaborative, long-term trusting relationships with key clients and industry leading manufacturing partners.
- Contribute to a winning team environment through personal actions and a commitment to corporate values
- Strive to meet team and individual sales objectives through client service/relationship excellence.
- Manage day to day customer inquiries (RFQ, RFP, Customer Service Requests) for assigned accounts
- Work within our Salesforce.com customer relationship management (CRM) software tool. Use it to prepare quotes or offers to clientele for day-to-day business or prepare and organize large project bids.
- Follow Composite Power Group Inc. Sales and Customer Service Business Models to cover all bases of successful sales and customer service activity
- Prepare and submit timely quotations and proposals, ensuring both customer satisfaction and Composite Power Group Inc.'s interests.
- Follow up on submitted quotations and proposals and negotiate pricing if necessary
- Acknowledge and process purchase orders received both directly and indirectly on behalf of our Vendors.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Perform other tasks as requested by company management or needed by the team.
- A Bachelor's degree or Diploma of College Studies or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of direct experience in the Electric Utility Industry or other relevant experience
- Technically sound, preferably with complimentary product experience (substation, transmission, distribution)
- Knowledge of various procurement channels (wholesale, distributor, direct order)
- Experience reviewing complex RFPs
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, bills of materials, specifications and standards is preferred (We will teach you if you do not know – but the ability to read an electrical single line diagram is considered an asset)
- Excellent technology literacy - working knowledge of Windows 10/11, Office 365 (particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Android and/or IOS, CRM.
- Self-Motivated, very well organized, meticulous, and able to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to build lasting customer relationships
- Ability to adapt to changes in business, market, and competitive environments.
- Existing customer or client relationships in the electric utilities, engineering firms and /or contractors in Alberta is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM software will also be considered an asset.
Composite Power is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
If you have the required qualifications and the position is of interest to you, we welcome you to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview and require special accommodation, please let us know.
Application deadline: 2022-02-15
Expected start date: 2022-03-07
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $52,500.00-$82,500.00 per year
- Dental care
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Utility Industry Sales: 5 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-01-24
Expected start date: 2022-03-07