M&M Food Market. Helping you make real food for real life.
M&M Food Market is a food retailer unlike any other; we don’t just sell products, we offer meal solutions and a unique shopping experience that helps to make customer’s everyday lives a little easier. We’ve been helping customers make delicious meals and entertain with ease for nearly 40 years!
As a Store Managerwith M&M Food Market, you will be a brand ambassador and team leader within our stores. You’ll oversee all aspects of our retail operations – from hiring, training and coaching a knowledgeable team of Meal Advisors, to executing on strategic sales and merchandising initiatives, ordering and inventory management, as well as implementing plans to meet or exceed store targets. You’ll set the standard of success within our stores! It’s no easy feat, but every day you come in to work you’ll take pride in knowing that you're making a real difference for your team members and your customers.
To learn more about M&M Food Market, we invite you to visit www.mmfoodmarket.com.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the major business and operational functions of the store including budgetary control, inventory control and staff supervision, as well as the month end functions (i.e. inventory)
- Maintaining a successful team of store staff by recruiting, training and scheduling employees, as well as coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees through monitoring and job appraisal tools
- Establishing a rapport with potential and current customers, and positively promoting the M&M Food Market brand within the store community
- Achieving the store’s financial objectives by working with the Area Manager to identify store targets, labour costs, analyzing store expenses/variances, and initiating any corrective actions
- Controlling all activities related to inventory control (i.e., merchandising of product, maintaining appropriate inventory levels, rotating stock, accepting product and balancing inventory)
- Utilizing the point of sale system for sales and reporting in order to make effective decisions and monitor store results
- Training staff and enforcing all corporate policies to maintain brand compliance, as well as legislative and legal business requirements
- Organizing general maintenance and cleaning activities of the store
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Store Manager in a retail environment
- Has a proven track record of managing a team and building a great working relationship with both employees and customers in a retail environment
- Is an exceptional communicator and has professional/polished interpersonal skills to successfully interact with all types of people
- Is highly organized and shows initiative in planning and implementing ideas and programs with minimal supervision
- Must have strong business-building, brand marketing and sales experience
- Is comfortable using MS Office software and a Point of Sale system, as well as reading/understanding reports, invoices, etc.
- Can meet the physical demands of the job, including lifting/carrying boxes weighing up to 40 lbs, standing for extended periods of time, and working within a freezer environment (independently).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
M&M Food Market is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)