Support Services Clerk
WorldServe Ministries is a Christian faith-based organization that exists to equip local churches around the world. WorldServe focuses on International Church Planting through Bible Distribution, Leadership Development, Bible Training and Church Planter Support. We support local church efforts of community transformation through Compassionate Aid, Orphanages, Micro-Business small loans, Children's Programming, Medical and Food Supplies and Humanitarian Aid.
- General Description
The Support Services Clerk is a key role that integrates with many parts of the WorldServe teams! This role is responsible for processing all donations & non-receiptables, provide reports, do data-pulls, and assist constituents. The position also includes reception & general office duties. This role supports a wide range of WorldServe staff and our wider constituency and requires someone able to lead in the pursuit of Christian mission and values, possesses excellent written and verbal English skills, and has a positive and pleasant attitude.
- Work Location and Environment
This position is based out of the WorldServe Main Office located in Surrey, BC.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Reception & General Office Duties
- Answer phones, voice messages & forward to appropriate staff
- Manage all general email inquiries (to both office & website) and forward to appropriate staff
- Pick up all mail & parcels and disperse (in both Canada & USA)
- Ship all out-going mail & parcels
- Other general tasks
- Data Entry
Both Canada & USA
- Process all donations
- Maintain databases
- Balance month & year end donations (& non-receiptables)
- Prepare and provide month & year end reports for various staff
- Other various data entry related tasks
- Provide Constituent Support
- Assist with Constituent inquiries
- Provide Staff Support
- Prepare & provide any additional reports or queries requested by staff
- Direct Mail & E-Blasts
- Prepare & provide data-pulls, appeal codes for direct mailings & E-blasts
- Additional Assistance
- Provide additional assistance to staff as needed and directed by the Office Manager (Operation Team)
- Participate in other activities at the discretion of the Office Manager (Operation Team)
- Cross-train as applicable for mutual support within the Office Manager (Operation Team)
- Participate in WorldServe team meetings and training requirements
- Working Relationships
- I report to: Office Manager (Operations Team)
- I work closely with: Operation Team, Communication Team, MEA Team, International Team, Executive Leadership
- Skills and Competencies
This position requires a professional who is skilled in managing information and relationships. As the Support Services Clerk, you will be an integral part of our administration team that supports our team in Canada and the ministry of our partners around the world.
At the risk of this sounding too much like a formal job description, the person we onboard will have to be a ‘self-starter’. This isn’t because you’ll be left to sink or swim (you won’t, we promise) but there will be many occasions when you just need to get on with stuff. We work in structured chaos, as the needs of urgent work at home and around the globe can shift, and that needs to be something that you’re happy and comfortable with. You will be required to communicate with people of different languages and cultures which may take some patience & grace.
You’ll need to really buy into our WS values. We're big on healthy relationships with Jesus, actively praying, believe strongly in our statement of faith, and care deeply about believing the best for our teammates. We like people who are called to serve, and put the needs of ministry partners and team members and donors above our own egos (but not our own needs, we're here to care for each other too).
In a practical sort of way, these are the requirements for this role:
- Christ-likeness, strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values, and convictions
- Relationally focused and service driven
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of MS Excel, database functionality, website administration, Raiser's Edge or other CRM software considered an asset
- Outgoing and friendly, ability to build rapport easily & learn about other cultures
- Self-motivated and passionate about ministry
- Performance Evaluation Questions
These questions to be answered in writing every 3 months. For any items that are out of scope, an exception report is needed.
- Are all donations processed & receipted with 48 hrs?
- Are all Constituent inquiries handled in a friendly, professional & efficient manner within 24-28 hrs?
- Does the month/year end financially balance & are reports prepared for various staff within 48 hrs?
- Are NSF donations being followed up immediately?
- Are donors being contacted immediately for updated information when needed?
- Are databases being maintained monthly?
- Is all mail (Canada & USA) being picked up at least 2-3 times per week?
- Are recurring donations being processed on time each month & any issues followed up immediately?
- Is all tracking in databases being kept up to date?
Job Type: Full-time