We are a growing international online school educating students in a variety of career paths including makeup artistry, event and wedding planning, interior decorating, writing, and more. We are a small, collaborative team that gets a LOT done! The company is growing steadily, and we’re looking for a talented, creative individual to join our growing team!
The blog writer would be responsible for coordinating and developing the content for QC's four blogs:
- QC Makeup Academy's "The Beauty Buzz"
- QC Event School's "Pointers for Planners"
- QC Design School's "The Focal Point"
- QC Pet Studies' "Sniffin' Around".
Tasks will include:
- Researching and writing long-form blog articles (~5-10 articles per week)
- Coordinating with guest bloggers
- Editing text (blogs, posts, etc.) for style, accuracy, and legibility
- Finding relevant imagery to accompany your posts (incl. light image editing)
- Publishing blog articles (WordPress Blogs)
- Developing Social Media content and campaigns that align with ongoing promotions, seasonal themes, and relevant trending topics
- Developing an editorial calendar
- Creating additional shareable content as required (Multimedia posts, etc.)
To be successful at this job you must have:
- Incredible organizational and time management skills
- Strong writing skills - your work should require little to no editing
- The ability to research a variety of topics quickly and independently
- The ability to change your writing style based on various target audiences
- The ability to ensure the content is SEO optimized (track progress, implement strategies, etc.)
If this sounds like a challenge you'd like to take on, please send us your cover letter, resume and samples of your writing and we'll be in touch if we think you might be a good fit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)